VOGONS

First post, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Geez I've never seen so much stuff in one place. Who's got the space to store all this? We should all chip in and buy the whole lot.

Last edited by Dominus on 2020-09-11, 19:45. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed ebay links

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 1 of 17, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Posting eBay links is prohibited. Please remove the link.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 2 of 17, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hahaha there's a Deskpro in there that could answer my 640K question once and for all! And, the rest of it... looks like badly stored, and one CRT for sure is trashed.

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 3 of 17, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That would a VERY LARGE group buy (100k$). Also "Local pick-up only". Extremely unrealistic scenario.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 4 of 17, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjwil1991 wrote:

Posting eBay links is prohibited. Please remove the link.

I understand that. I just figured this would be an exception because of the novelty of what's being sold.. it's an interesting occurrence and I don't know how else to generate discussion around it. I don't expect anyone here to take it seriously and actually go and buy it (but if someone does.. I want to see!)

FWIW I have nothing to do with it just found it this morning during one of my daily searches.

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 5 of 17, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think we can safely assume no one will be buying that outright. Orchard Park though? If that's near Niagara Falls / Buffalo, that's not too far from me. Too bad I can't break up the lot and buy that Deskpro.

Oh hell, I'll ask the seller.

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 6 of 17, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

From the listing it sounds like they don't expect to get the listing price as it says to make them an offer AND the listing does have a make offer button.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 7 of 17, by chozilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Without a detailed inventory list this might be only a bunch of plastic boxes and some computers in maybe bad shape. Hardly worth the price asked without any information about the status of the items.

Reply 9 of 17, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow.... the listing specifically says to come take a look and make an offer.

You could literally spend days there if you wanted before deciding what to offer them.

The lack of reading comprehension in this thread baffles me.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 11 of 17, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
awgamer wrote:

That doesn't look like $100k worth of hardware.

ARE YOU TROLLING?

The listing says:

Come take a look the whole warehouse is for sale as one large lot.
You decide the value and make an offer

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 13 of 17, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I was fat cat wealthy sure I would splurge that much to have it myself then slowly made something of the lot, given enough time it wouldn't be too hard to recover some of that if not more but there isn't a lot of information as to what really is there. If empty cases and CRTs then I doubt anyone will ever bight until the last minute where the owner or operator gives up then dumps it for chicken feed.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 14 of 17, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The seller should be really, really lucky to get 10k for that lot, judging by the photo’s. In fact 1k would be more likely. I see a LOT of junk, many discolorated and very dusty systems and unvaluable accessories, stored at the wrong way in a wrong environment. I assume he sells the good stuff retail and just hopes someone with more money than brains comes along to hand him some cash 🤣

Reply 16 of 17, by TOBOR

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SpectriaForce wrote:

I assume he sells the good stuff retail and just hopes someone with more money than brains comes along to hand him some cash 🤣

You just described a lot of crap sellers on eBay.

If the truth hurts, tough shit.

Reply 17 of 17, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SpectriaForce wrote:

The seller should be really, really lucky to get 10k for that lot, judging by the photo’s. In fact 1k would be more likely. I see a LOT of junk, many discolorated and very dusty systems and unvaluable accessories, stored at the wrong way in a wrong environment. I assume he sells the good stuff retail and just hopes someone with more money than brains comes along to hand him some cash 🤣

Sure don't want you valuing my estate 😜 😉 It might not be $100k worth, or even $50k, but there is some value there for a collector or museum. As the seller is pretty active on eBay, and often discussed on VCF for their pricing, if they are selling as a lot that should be a warning sign that at whatever price they sell you won't be able to flip it to make a buck.