VOGONS

Capturing DOS games on Vintage PC

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by ramunegaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, new to the forum, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to capture DOS games on my vintage pc which runs Windows 98 SE via my Xcapture-1 capture card via VGA, however, when I launch any DOS game I lose signal immediately. I think I should also point out that if it's a non-DOS game it captures fine for example Tomb Raider. I'm inclined to believe this is due to the refresh rate of DOS games. I've come to the conclusion that my Xcapture-1 is not up to the task, so I am here to ask if anyone knows a good capture card that can capture DOS games with ease? For reference, I am using a Matrox G400 for my graphics card.

On a side note I did want to try via S-Video so I bought an ATI Rage 3D II +DVD off eBay, however, I can't seem to get the card to work well on my rig, either the drivers aren't installing correctly or the card is damaged not really sure, it just shows a really blurry/dark image. Not sure if anyone here might be able to help me on this as it would be nice to have a PCI and AGP card that works on the rig.