VOGONS

First post, by MadMax2023

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

i am searching the bios update for the version 2.40 (i have 1.10 on my computer).
The update file is named B1910cs.exe, the links i found are all dead.

Thanks in advance it may help me to resolve a weird floppy drive problem i have.

Reply 1 of 3, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The floppy drive's belt in these laptops become sticky after all these years, did you make sure it was ok ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 3, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First found it on DriverGuide: https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=30940

It is also located on minuszerodegrees in a Toshiba laptop BIOS upgrade pack right here: http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/manuals/Toshi … oshiba_bios.htm

Yeah, the floppy drive belt failing is pretty common in these laptops.

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 3 of 3, by MadMax2023

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks!!
I wasn't able to find it. The bios collection is very nice (i also own a 110cs and saw it was in there too).

So i updated my bios from 1.10 to 2.40 but it didn't change my problem.

It is quite complex, but to sum-up :
- i bought this T1910cs many years ago in a fleamarket, i know nothing about its past. Back at home it wasn't working at all.
- one month ago i found it and i decided to have a closer look, i changed all the caps of the motherboard, since that it powers on!
- the screen stayed black, finally it was only a problem with the standby contactor, win3.1 displays in color, nice!
- the floppy drive was dead, and moreover i cut by accident the flex cable which was very specific (normal 26pins cable wide on the mb side and larger on the floppy side)
- i put a common 26 pins flex cable, and a "modern" floppy drive : was not be able to read floppy disk
- i tried with an other one, guaranteed and tested drive : same result..
- at end i dscovered that it was perfectly working with 720 kb disk! but nothing with 1.44 mb.

I don't understand why, i did many control on the motherboard about the solders i've done with the caps but it looks good. The connection is good between the flex cable and the mb connector.

It simply doesn't want to read and write 1.44 hd disk...

I did some searches on the web but found nothing, looks very uncommon.
I know that this computer is designed to be compatible with these disks, but when i saw that i have a such old bios version i thought it was maybe a solution.

If you have any ideas...