VOGONS

First post, by ramunegaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I was cleaning up my config.sys and autoexec.bat files via dos as I had so much unless stuff in there eating up ram and I was having issues getting KQ6CD to run. However, I must have removed something important by accident as when I boot up my pc now I get a message saying "ERRO12: AWE32 initialization failed" I can't seem to work out what happened I think it might be a I/O conflict as when I load up diagnose now I get an error message saying I/O error. I also have an issue with softmpu.exe now as it's coming up with "bad command or file name" on boot. These are the only 2 errors I have atm.

Sound Card: SB AWE64 value + Roland MT-32

Config.sys

DEVICE=C:\windows\command\dblspace.sys /move
DEVICE=C:\windows\himem.sys
DEVICE=C:\windows\emm386.exe RAM
DEVICEHIGH=C:\drivers\cd-rom\sjcdapi.sys /D:MSCD000
Files=30
buffers=30
dos=high,umb
stacks=9,256

AutoExec.bat:

SET SOUND=C:\SB16
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6
SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
SET CTCM=C:\CTCM
C:\SB16\DIAGNOSE /S
C:\SB16\AWEUTIL/S
C:SB16\MIXERSET.EXE /P /Q
SOFTMPU.EXE /SB:220 /IRQ:5 /MPU:330
LH C:\DRIVERS\CUTEMO~1\CTMOUSE.EXE
LH C:\windows\command\mscdex /d:mscd000 /l:d

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 3, by ramunegaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks that helped a bunch. Any idea on how to fix my softmpu issues? I know I can run softmpu via cmd but I would like it in autoexec so it's run on boot? That or maybe I could make a batch file, but I have no clue how 😖

Reply 3 of 3, by c0keb0ttle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You don't have a path for the softmpu.exe file in autoexec. Are you really keeping it in the root of the C drive and not in its own directory, like C:\SOFTMPU\SOFTMPU.EXE ?

Your line loading MIXERSET.EXE also seems to be missing a \ in the path?

I also wouldn't bother with the stupid dblspace thingy, but that's just me.