VOGONS

First post, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently picked one of these up to use in resurrecting an old computer. I was wondering if anyone has a manual for them. In particular I'm interested in accessing the SCSI BIOS to configure it since nothing shows up on screen during POST. I tried some usual key combinations like Ctrl-A but it didn't work. And any trace of documentation for these cards seems to have vanished from the net. All I can find are some ads in computer magazines from the '90s but no real docs.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 1 of 7, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Answering my own question here. I spent some quality time with the Internet Archive (the utility of which is so great that I've been a regular donor for some time) and found this. https://web.archive.org/web/19980614114408/ht … port40.html#2-1
Apparently the key combination to access the BIOS on this card is Ctrl-C. There are also drivers, software for W95 and NT4 and updated firmware files on the same snapshot.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 2 of 7, by AzzKickr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, the key combination is just visible on screen: "press Ctrl-C to access BIOS" (:
Also, the snapshot does not have any downloadable files. Been searching for hours now .. 🙁

Heresy grows from idleness ...

Reply 4 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AzzKickr wrote on 2020-05-03, 18:41:

Aha, just typing the words made me have succes ! 😁

If anyone is willing to show me how, I can add the driver and software to Vogons repository.

PM SquallStrife, maybe he will give you an account.

If he doesn't, then make a reply in this thread with a link to where you've uploaded it: VOGONS Driver Library
and one of the people who do will get around to mirroring it.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 7, by jhill1977

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And here is the Window Tools disk for the FirePort 40

Attachments

• Filename
    FP40-WINUTILS.zip
    File size