VOGONS

First post, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a Fujitsu Lifebook C352, and the screen will not show anything. When plugged in it boots normally, but nothing happens on the screen. I tried everything, including putting RAM in and plugging in an external monitor, but it still doesn't show anything. What could be going on?

Edit: Also the lady who I bought this laptop from told me that it worked fine a few weeks ago until it just stopped displaying one day.

Last edited by dickkickem on 2018-08-11, 17:03. Edited 1 time in total.

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - Working w/ Win95
Fujitsu Lifebook C352 - Nonworking 🙁
HP Pavilion A520N - Working w/ WinXP
AST Ascentia M 5260X - Working w/ WinME
IBM ThinkPad 770 - Working w/ Win2K

Reply 1 of 3, by BinaryDemon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the vga output to external monitor work? If it does than you know it’s not a gpu issue. If you open it up take a look at the cable connecting lcd to motherboard, with many laptops if you noticed display flicker when opening / closing lid often times this cable is being slowly damaged.

Check out DOSBox Distro:

https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxdistro/ [*]

a lightweight Linux distro (tinycore) which boots off a usb flash drive and goes straight to DOSBox.

Make your dos retrogaming experience portable!

Reply 2 of 3, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BinaryDemon wrote:

Does the vga output to external monitor work? If it does than you know it’s not a gpu issue. If you open it up take a look at the cable connecting lcd to motherboard, with many laptops if you noticed display flicker when opening / closing lid often times this cable is being slowly damaged.

Yeah I tried the external monitor thing through VGA and it didn't work.

Also said cable you are talking about seemed pretty new looking to me. IDK if it's damaged or not.

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:

Reply 3 of 3, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

bump

Update: Also I completely disfigured my C352 and tried to see if anything bad happened to it, and the internals looked completely mint, not even a speck of dust inside. Nothing corroded, nothing broken, everything was fine. Under the keyboard, there is no RAM at all (did not see any extra ram throughout the laptop), but I put my E330's RAM inside (uses the exact same RAM with same FSB and everything) and it had no effect, and the screen was still blank. Like again, I plugged in an external monitor, did Fn+F10 (the combo used for Fujitsu laptops) and nothing popped up.

IDK what's going on, is this a GPU problem of some sort?

Also, would one of these babies allow me to still use my laptop? https://www.ebay.com/itm/VILLAGE-VT-Book-Note … id=282241198488 Apparently it acts as its own GPU.

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs: