VOGONS

First post, by Rodoko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know where to post this but this is a serious question

Did the mayority of you use Windows in plain English when you guys were growing or it was in the country's original language?? (For example: Dutch)

To make it short, every Windows update incl. the unoficial SP3 for 98 is only in English, same goes for the 95's ones

So, why, why do the people forget about the other languages and focus on one language only?? To me it does not make sense at all and for me and my Spanish friends is a big problem

Last time I installed 95 on my 3dfx rig and installed the updates and it changed me half of the OS's language that it became Eng and Spa. mix .-. so I updated it to 98 First and all the problems got solved

The same thing happened when I tried to install the USP3 in a Spanish installation, the language for the Start menu changed and it drove me crazy

You guys need to know this, English is not always the world's first language

Reply 1 of 4, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Part of the reason is that nobody has the update files in other languages and most people who compile these updates live in English speaking countries or probably only use(d) English Windows. Maintaining multiple update packages in different languages is probably more effort than these people are willing to put into also even if they had all the alternate language update files.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 3 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Rodoko wrote:

To make it short, every Windows update incl. the unoficial SP3 for 98 is only in English, same goes for the 95's ones

Sorry, but what..? The unofficial SP3 for Windows 98 exists in Englisch, German, Chinese, Italian, Polish, and Czech.

All official updates were released in every language in which Win9x was released, too - even those that were language-independent. The only problem you have these days is finding non-english versions of those updates, but that's a different story and doesn't mean they don't exist.

Reply 4 of 4, by MrMateczko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think Rodoko is talking specifically about this Unofficial Pack: http://www.htasoft.com/u98sesp/
It's the most up-to-date, and available only in English.