VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just seen this in a local add but details are vague. What are the computers wrapped in blue tape. Maybe PS/2 on bottom? Not sure what’s on top?

6F79DE33-795A-41F7-9ED1-D1BF8AFD34A4.jpeg
Filename
File size
81.75 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 12, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could be an IBM EduQuest or IBM PS/2 Model 25.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 2 of 12, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On top is the same thing as on the bottom, only upside-down and backward.

Does look like a quad of EduQuest computers, not sure what model (there were several).

Why do things like this have to show up some remote place while I'm not rich?!?! 😀

P.S. The scale is hard to tell from the picture, they seem larger than they are. I think that's a waist-high counter.

P.P.S. I would snag those as quickly as possible if the price is at all reasonable.

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 3 of 12, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure to also grab the Pepsi Cola cooler while you're there.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 5 of 12, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks guys. I will check into it and see what the guy wants. I would also say they are probably Eduquest by looking them up now.

Reply 9 of 12, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fsmith2003 wrote:

Just seen this in a local add but details are vague. What are the computers wrapped in blue tape. Maybe PS/2 on bottom? Not sure what’s on top?

That’s a 8-core , 32 gigabyte Pepsi cold server.

Reply 10 of 12, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well the typical ebay sold price (which doesn't mean that much, remember shipping) is under $100. There's someone asking $500 but seriously look at what's sold in the past.

BUT as for me if I had money I would pay a little more than that, if working, because it's right in the range of things I like.

Except that my doctor wouldn't let me actually carry one. 😒

If you get all four at a good price I guarantee you will find other collectors/ Vogons who will take the extras off your hands. The problem is always how long that takes, of course.

I would not want to try to ship these.

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 11 of 12, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

He is just saying make an offer. He is an older man that acquired a bunch of this stuff throughout his life and is now looking to lighten his load a bit. And by bunch of this stuff that’s not necessarily all computer items but just various older electrical and household items so not sure what all else he may have.

Reply 12 of 12, by Butler2679

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
fsmith2003 wrote:

He is just saying make an offer. He is an older man that acquired a bunch of this stuff throughout his life and is now looking to lighten his load a bit. And by bunch of this stuff that’s not necessarily all computer items but just various older electrical and household items so not sure what all else he may have.

Maybe give him $80 to $100 for each of the computers (if you want to).