VOGONS

First post, by strelock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this card out of an old AT PC that was for the CDROM. I took the machine completely apart since there was rust all along the back and the battery leaked all over the motherboard. After removing the battery and sanding the rust off the VGA port shield I was able to get the machine to post but it did not find the keyboard. Turns out there was damage and I had to solder a wire from a shift register around to the back of the board to the first pin on the keyboard chip as there was no clock signal being passed to the keyboard controller.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I do not remember if the floppy power connector hanging conveniently over the ISA slots was plugged into this card or not and I do not want to fry it if at all possible. Does anyone know if this card needs it? It's a Sun Moon Star sms-31094 IDE controller.

Sorry, I don't know why the picture is so big!

FESPMXi.jpg

Reply 1 of 6, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dont think that this is a power connector but an audio connector? See the traces running to the plug on the slot bracket.

Anyway, you dont need an additional power source for this card.

Reply 2 of 6, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is definitely audio input from CD drive, both of the connectors and they go straight to the TRS connector on the back.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 4 of 6, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, sorry for digging such an old thread, but I got the same controller with Panasonic CR-562-B drive. And the drive is not detected by default Win 98 SE boot floppy. Do I need to set up anything else? Load some special drivers?

PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB
PC2: AOpen => GA-586SG, 512 MB SDRAM, AMD K6-2 400 MHz, Geforce 2 MX 400

Reply 5 of 6, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
winuser_pl wrote:

Hi, sorry for digging such an old thread, but I got the same controller with Panasonic CR-562-B drive. And the drive is not detected by default Win 98 SE boot floppy. Do I need to set up anything else? Load some special drivers?

A CR562 is an old "Panasonic" interface drive, not IDE - if it works at all, it needs a soundblaster or similar with a Matsushita/Panasonic interface - one of the 3 old interfaces, the others being Mitsumi and Sony.

If the card has the "Panasonic" connecter implemented, then you will need an appropriate driver

Reply 6 of 6, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Recently got hold of a CR-562-B with Panasonic controller. Couldn't get it to run in Win98SE at all even after install with the "Panasonic" drivers, but DOS drivers- for Matsushita/Panasonic - worked fine.