VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd like to see if there is any difference between the WinChip, Winchip 2A, and Winchip 2B at the same FSB and clock rate.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 21 of 26, by vmr_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
feipoa wrote:

I'd like to see if there is any difference between the WinChip, Winchip 2A, and Winchip 2B at the same FSB and clock rate.

Yup - me too. Still waiting for the C6 and W2A to arrive in the post - looks like the closest I can check it will be Christmas 😀

Retro builds & sandbox
IBM XT 5160 | 286 | 386 | 486 | S4 SI5PI AIO & S4 Batman + P60 SX828
S8 & PPro 200 | SS7 FW 5VGF & Asus P5A & AOpen AX59PRO K6-III+ 550MHz
Asus K7M Athlon 1Ghz GDF | Abit SH6 Pentium III 1GHz SL4KL...

Reply 22 of 26, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmr_ wrote:

Thanks for all feedback, for now decided to park the MP6 one, and start a new challenge. Some would say IDT WinChip2 was one of the worst - so I want to put it to the test. 😈

winchip2 is not especially bad, its winchip which is the slowest socket7 cpu per clock. winchip2 is much better and is very close to k6-2 in most games.
see my results here:
Re: my socket7 cpu benchmark results

Reply 23 of 26, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

winchip2 is far better than winchip and comes close to k6-2.
winchip2a is simply winchip2 updated to support higher fsb and fractional ratio, winchip2b is updated with newer process and lower voltage, so they are expected perform identically on same fsb and ratio.

Reply 24 of 26, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
noshutdown wrote:
feipoa wrote:

winchip2 is far better than winchip and comes close to k6-2.
winchip2a is simply winchip2 updated to support higher fsb and fractional ratio, winchip2b is updated with newer process and lower voltage, so they are expected perform identically on same fsb and ratio.

I suggest creating some bar charts.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 25 of 26, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

I suggest creating some bar charts.

i prefer plain table of digits that makes people difficult to understand and extremely bored to read.