VOGONS

First post, by '98 PC Builder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Recently I decided to buil a retro pc with pentium II on slot 1 and nVidia rivia TNT. I was looking for a motherboar when I found a cheap double slot one.
In description of advertisement was written that the seller can't recognize the motherboard model. I tried to find it on myself but it can't.
So I decided to consult experts 😎
It's really similar to Gigabyte GA-6BXDS from this article:Build Log: Dual Slot 1 440BX System
Photo:
241d922944d2afd205c4d0d3eb54
I hope that mystery will be solved 😀

Reply 1 of 3, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No better pictures? I have one of those gigabyte motherboards, but I have never found any use for it because I don't really use any OS that could take advantage of 2 cpus for retro stuff.

Reply 2 of 3, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That "BURNNING 24HR" or whatever label on the BIOS gives it away. It's likely the PC Chips M720.

It seems that you need a tiny daughterboard plugged into the slot just above the BIOS chip in order to use it as a dual-CPU board; otherwise, it's single CPU only.

Reply 3 of 3, by '98 PC Builder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, thank you very much for help. I didn't realise that you'll do that so fast 😀 However, I think I will be need help with the further construction of the pc but for now it's all.