VOGONS

First post, by JSO

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've recently bought three Slot 1 / Socket 370 boards with cpu's very cheap.

I want to know which is the latest bios for the 10b and where can I find it?

Also I want to know if it supports all the PIII line like Tualatin?

DOS IS THE POWER OF OUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

Reply 1 of 5, by looking4awayout

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You might be able to find BIOS updates if you go to the archived version of the QDI website in the Internet Archive.
About Tualatin support, the Advance 10B is a Coppermine only motherboard, so I doubt a Tualatin will work (unless you buy the Korean pin modded version or you mod it by yourself). Even if it would, you'd need to modify the BIOS to inject the microcode of the CPU you want. I have the Advance 10T in my computer, which is the Tualatin capable version of your motherboard, and it's a very fast performer. I'm running mine at 1.5GHz and 148,5MHz FSB and is very close to a 3GHz Northwood Pentium 4 in terms of performance.

Make sure you use the VIA 4in1 v4.43, those proved to be the fastest ones I've tried on my RDD, and if you use Windows 2000 or XP, you must replace the drivers manually in the Device Manager, as the installer is bugged and won't replace the stock Microsoft ones.

My Retro Daily Driver: Pentium !!!-S 1.7GHz | 3GB PC166 ECC SDRAM | Geforce 6800 Ultra 256MB | 128GB Lite-On SSD + 500GB WD Blue SSD | ESS Allegro PCI | Windows XP Professional SP3

Reply 2 of 5, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have same problem, did you find anything?

I found A10BV46.BIN bios, but no any changelog.

Update - I found this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020611092814/ht … _advance10E.htm

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 3 of 5, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does someone has manual of Advanced 10B, where is right possition of MB components, i have found only some universal 10B/10F manual and lots of jumpers are in different positions.

I have last bios + Tualatin P3 - 1.4, when i put it in its not working, seller telling that cpu is tester before shipping. Should it work with CPU auto detection or i should set it by jumpers? Older CPU as Celer 433, Celeron 700 atd.. are running also Pentium III 866 was running, i after Bios reset i have some problem with it, i could damage it.. i has that worst (as socket A cpus..) even small chip on processor plate design and its typical to damage corners.. even that Tualatin corners seems pretty worn.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 4 of 5, by looking4awayout

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you have bought a regular, non-modded Tualatin, it will never work on your Advance 10B, since it's a Coppermine-only motherboard... You need to pin-mod it (or just purchase the pre-modded one from the famous South Korean seller on Ebay) and either inject the Tualatin microcode in the BIOS or get the modded BIOS from the South Korean seller.

My Retro Daily Driver: Pentium !!!-S 1.7GHz | 3GB PC166 ECC SDRAM | Geforce 6800 Ultra 256MB | 128GB Lite-On SSD + 500GB WD Blue SSD | ESS Allegro PCI | Windows XP Professional SP3

Reply 5 of 5, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok thanks for info i read some misleading information, i or misunderstood it.. i have to get other MB.