VOGONS

First post, by Compo Simmonite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Asus P3b-f board, tried using aflash to update to latest bios. During this the dog trod on the power strip and cut the power, board now wont boot.

Tried hot swapping the bios chip into a p2b board when running and then running aflash, says its erased and programmed it with the p3b bios after the incompatibility/different version warning but if i then swap it back into the p3b board it still doesnt boot.

Any ideas/help?

Cheers!

Reply 1 of 2, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have hotflashed a lot of biosses on a simple 430TX board, including Asus p2b/p3b series and p5a and p5a/b bios.

Try using uniflash , worked for me every time. Boot from a floppy that holds the p3b-f bios and uniflash.exe and after booting dos simply replace the chip. After that you can start uniflash. So no swapping after starting uniflash.

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 2 of 2, by Compo Simmonite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for reply. Still no joy with uniflash. I tried backing up the p2b bios from its own chip and flashing it to the p3b chip to prove the chip was ok, rebooted fine so proves chip working.
Then reflashed the both p3b backup i had made and the downloaded bios from asus, both times the p3b board starts but puts out no vga signal or does anything further.

Board dead?