VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been able to lay my hands on a (reasonable priced) "Torisan CDR-C3G".
Can anybody help my with the DOS/Win 3.x driver (file: torisan.zip)?
And it would be great if anyone would have the latest Window 9.x driver (originally from Gateway source)...
TNX & best wishes
ildonaldo

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 1 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got this from https://www.driverguide.com . They seem to have more potentially useful stuff. Have a look .

Attachments

• Filename
    Torisan.zip
    File size
    63.54 KiB
    Downloads
    82 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, I will give it a try and report back 😀

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 4 of 4, by Flashy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the zip, darry, I just dug out my old drive for a retro config and the driver works in DOS, I got my 3 drive letters. Too bad the internet is now full of fake driver collection websites, some things are hard to find. I found an older version torisan.sys somewhere, but this is the "new" one from 1995.

For future retro maniacs:
Install.exe copies the torisan.sys to a new dir, adds the DEVICE= line to config.sys and mscdex to autoexec.bat so you don't really have to run it, although it creates backup of the original.
The only tricky part where install.exe helped is the parameter: torisan.sys needs a /P parameter with two letters for the position of the drive: device=torisan.sys /D:CD /P:PS where PS stands for primary slave.