VOGONS

Reply 22 of 49, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mothergoose729 wrote:
Don't fall asleep while solddering https://holdforsound.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/wp-image-733126214.jpeg […]
Show full quote

Don't fall asleep while solddering
wp-image-733126214.jpeg

This guys is so excited

surprised-man-soldering-man-soldering-surprised-expression-his-face-laptop-analogue-multimeter-screwdrivers-124498786.jpg

Soddering is... sexy?

wp-image-183826620.jpg?w=816

The excited guy seems like he got those annoying shocks, but the case is unplugged, maybe he found some money stashed in the cpu cooler, so the computer didn't worked properly, and the fix was take away the money.

about the girl, maybe someone did her really rough and broke a solder joint down there.

Reply 23 of 49, by Nprod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
.legaCy wrote:

The excited guy seems like he got those annoying shocks, but the case is unplugged, maybe he found some money stashed in the cpu cooler, so the computer didn't worked properly, and the fix was take away the money.

He found a Voodoo5 5500 in a dumpster machine.

Reply 24 of 49, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I prefer to read that series of images as a story. Maybe the dude is just excited about working with narcoleptic soldering girl and sexy soldering girl. That's a higher than average statistic of attractive female engineers who are both clearly down to party.

Reply 25 of 49, by kaputnik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The cork screw/adjustable wrench one is easily the best one so far. Sure, you might get away with some tool that only a technician would know the real uses for, but a goddamn cork screw? Anyone would understand it's completely misplaced in that image 😁

Reply 27 of 49, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mothergoose729 wrote:
Soddering is... sexy? […]
Show full quote

Soddering is... sexy?

wp-image-183826620.jpg?w=816

They cropped it out of the frame, but what do you guys wanna bet the model was wearing safety glasses for this pic? Every other one is. Safety first!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 28 of 49, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
computerguy08 wrote:
This guy is having a hard time fixing that poor low profile GPU. […]
Show full quote

This guy is having a hard time fixing that poor low profile GPU.

depositphotos_174312576-stock-photo-repairing-an-old-computer.jpg

Wait, this guy's not wearing safety glasses, but he clearly thinks he's taking that poor video card hostage so I'll give him a pass. I imagine there's a SWAT team in a tense stand-off on the other side of the camera.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 29 of 49, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
Well.... The iron is not plugged in. :-D […]
Show full quote

Well.... The iron is not plugged in. 😁

Anyway... This is one way of making shure the noise disappear. And never comes back again.

computer-repair-ineptitude-D5N9FN.jpg

The corkscrew could easily be explained. We have all had one really annoying problem or system that has driven us to drink.

Reply 30 of 49, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We should be laughing about stupid photographs, and completely posed photographs with models who - regardless of their looks or individual competences - bear no responsibility for whatever stupidity is depicted. That lies entirely with the photographer about whom we know nothing.

So to go back on topic (if not quite as vintage as I'd like):
fC1jLkt.jpg

Reply 31 of 49, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I want to see funny stock photos here!

Here's a classic:
tyUS59z.jpg

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 33 of 49, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dionb wrote:
So to go back on topic (if not quite as vintage as I'd like): https://i.imgur.com/fC1jLkt.jpg […]
Show full quote

So to go back on topic (if not quite as vintage as I'd like):
fC1jLkt.jpg

This is friggin brilliant. DDR into an PCIe slot?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 35 of 49, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
konc wrote:
GigAHerZ wrote:

Here's a classic:

🤣 the more you look at this one the funnier it gets, there are so many things that make no sense

One thing makes total sense though - He has The Verge Antistatic Wrist Band(TM). 😉 Even 2 of them to have extra protection.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 36 of 49, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well... Moving on. And I found the perfect way to "patch" a harddrive. 😀

patch-to-repair-a-broken-hard-drive-stock-image_csp7499996.jpg

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 39 of 49, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:
Well... Moving on. And I found the perfect way to "patch" a harddrive. :-) […]
Show full quote

Well... Moving on. And I found the perfect way to "patch" a harddrive. 😀

patch-to-repair-a-broken-hard-drive-stock-image_csp7499996.jpg

This is how you fix bad sectors on a hard drive 🤣

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]