VOGONS

First post, by tensi0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

I am trying to find windows 95 drivers for a Matrox 703 graphics card. Been searching the net and haven't been able to find any. Anyone have drivers for this? Attached is a picture of the card I have.

Attachments

• 703-00-2-lg.jpg
    Filename
    703-00-2-lg.jpg
    File size
    77.45 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 5, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That is the Matrox Millennium II.

Drivers from the Matrox website.
https://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/latest/

And that is a very nice card btw. A friend of mine had one back in the days. I got to borrow it for a few weeks, in exchange for my Matrox Mystique 220. The Millennium II seemed faster in Lightwave, but for day-to-day use, there wasn't that much difference. Certainly a great card for something like a Pentium MMX, early Pentium II or similar.

WinXP : PIII 1.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 73GB SCSI HDD, Matrox Parhelia, SB Audigy 2.
Win98se : K6-3+ 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Matrox Millennium G400 MAX, Voodoo 2, SW1000XG.
DOS6.22 : Intel DX4, 64MB RAM, 1.6GB HDD, Diamond Stealth64 DRAM, GUS 1MB, SB16.

Reply 2 of 5, by tensi0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
LunarG wrote:
That is the Matrox Millennium II. […]
Show full quote

And that is a very nice card btw. A friend of mine had one back in the days. I got to borrow it for a few weeks, in exchange for my Matrox Mystique 220. The Millennium II seemed faster in Lightwave, but for day-to-day use, there wasn't that much difference. Certainly a great card for something like a Pentium MMX, early Pentium II or similar.

Thanks for the help. I took that card out of an old machine that died years ago and I didn't know much about it at the time. Glad to know it's a good card. The machine its going in is a Pentium II 233.

Reply 3 of 5, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tensi0n wrote:
LunarG wrote:
Show full quote

Thanks for the help. I took that card out of an old machine that died years ago and I didn't know much about it at the time. Glad to know it's a good card. The machine its going in is a Pentium II 233.

Hah! That's the same CPU my friend with the Millennium II had as well. This was back in 1998. It should be a good match. A high end card for the time period for sure. Would be awesome paired with a Voodoo or Voodoo 2.

Win98se : K6-3+ 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Matrox Millennium G400 MAX, Voodoo 2, SW1000XG.
DOS6.22 : Intel DX4, 64MB RAM, 1.6GB HDD, Diamond Stealth64 DRAM, GUS 1MB, SB16.

Reply 4 of 5, by tensi0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
LunarG wrote:
tensi0n wrote:
LunarG wrote:
Show full quote

Hah! That's the same CPU my friend with the Millennium II had as well. This was back in 1998. It should be a good match. A high end card for the time period for sure. Would be awesome paired with a Voodoo or Voodoo 2.

Sweet! Ya I have a Diamond Multimedia Monster 3D PCI 4MB, which I believe is a Voodoo since it has the 3DFX chips on it. I'm going to try and pair that with it. I still need to repair it though. One of the small silver capacitors broke off of it and hopefully I will be able to locate a new one this weekend and get it repaired.

Reply 5 of 5, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, the Diamond Monster 3D is indeed a Voodoo card. Hope you can fix it 😀