VOGONS

First post, by Bellator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What about the second starting on the right of the last row?

graphic_cards.jpg
Filename
graphic_cards.jpg
File size
59.47 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Depends what you call 'interesting'. In any event this is a shitty seller's photo, which doesn't make life easier.

Agreed that the second from right on the bottom row is the most out of the ordinary. It only has a single DE15 connector, so that daughter-board is probably purely for RAM expansion. I count 12 chips, which is an unusual number. That said, my best guess would be that this is an S3 964/968-based card, or maybe there's a Weitek 9100 hidden out of view. Either way, an early PCI 'Windows accelerator' with for its day a lot of RAM (probably VRAM). Now, I have a bit of a VRAM fetish, so I'd definitely prefer it over the other cards here, but practically speaking it's probably nothing special.

As for the rest... I see what looks like a Permedia2 second from right on the middle row, which is always nice, and apart from that mainly your regular early AGP stuff. If I could get the lot really cheap I'd do if for the mystery card, but the AGP stuff is really the sort of card I end up having to give away for free as I have no use for it and no-one else is willing to pay for it either.

Reply 2 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Likely a RAM expansion, but it could also be an MPEG2 decoder board using a VESA feature connector.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 4, by Bellator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have identified several of them:

Aopen Geforce 2 MX400: 1st row, 4th card
Dell ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra: 1st row, last card; 3rd row, last card
S3 Savage 3D: 2nd row, 5th card
Geforce 4 MX440: 2nd row, 6th card
ATI Radeon 9250: 3rd row, 1st card
S3 Trio64: 3rd row, 2nd card

1st row, 1st card maybe another Radeon 9250
2nd row, 3rd card maybe a Geforce 6200
3rd row, 4th card maybe another S3 Trio64

It is no a lot, the seller offers them individually for 5€ each.

Reply 4 of 4, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In that case I'd go for the weird little one and ignore the rest unless you're specifically looking for one (as the price is very reasonable in any event).