VOGONS

First post, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i got a Lenovo thinkpad T400. For my suprise, yis from europe with this keyboard layout:
T400.jpg
20 sided die game
What this layout?

Last edited by MKT_Gundam on 2019-05-11, 11:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 1 of 9, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seems to be italian.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 9, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tiido wrote:

Seems to be italian.

The name for this layout is named Italian ?

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 4 of 9, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

French use AZERTY (and Germans QWERTZ).

Italian layout seemed to have all the special keys in the same place : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Itali … oard_layout.svg

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 7 of 9, by andrea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Confermo che è un layout italiano. 😀

That's an italian keyboard. As Tiido said, French keyboards are AZERTY and also have that abomination where the symbols in the upper row are the default choice and to write a number you have to shift them.

Reply 8 of 9, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
andrea wrote:

Confermo che è un layout italiano. 😀

That's an italian keyboard. As Tiido said, French keyboards are AZERTY and also have that abomination where the symbols in the upper row are the default choice and to write a number you have to shift them.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I've always found it to pe a pain to use laptops without actual numberpads - makes you lose so much time when inputting numbers. Honestly the whole AZERTY layout is a bit of a mess - there were talks about changing it a while ago but I don't know how far they got with this. It's a bit like a country deciding to switch to a different type of electrical sockets... when the system is already built it might be difficult or impossible to switch to a new one...

Hard Disk Sounds