Another PS/2 Mouse ISA (ISA8) card adapter

Topic actions

Reply 260 of 270, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
aries-mu wrote on 2023-11-12, 11:27:

Also, I was wondering, what if on such old PCs one actually connects the PS/2 mouse (instead of the keyboard) to the 5-DIN connector via a simple 5-DIN to PS/2 adapter

would not work at all

Reply 262 of 270, by aries-mu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
maxtherabbit wrote on 2023-11-12, 13:57:

Also, I was wondering, what if on such old PCs one actually connects the PS/2 mouse (instead of the keyboard) to the 5-DIN connector via a simple 5-DIN to PS/2 adapter

would not work at all

too bad!

copper wrote on 2023-11-12, 15:14:

Upping this. Any news?

Apologies, I still intend to do this but got very busy with work for a while.

Oh no need to apologize. Take all the time you need. I understand what it means when life gets (has it ever been different?) crazy insane... just wanted to know if it was still planned...

They said therefore to him: Who are you?
Jesus said to them: The beginning, who also speak unto you

Reply 264 of 270, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rasz_pl wrote on 2023-09-26, 14:16:
This ISA card is two things. PS2 to serial converter, and a Serial 8250 ISA card. It looks great and is a neatly designed all in […]
Show full quote

This ISA card is two things. PS2 to serial converter, and a Serial 8250 ISA card. It looks great and is a neatly designed all in one package. But if you arent after aesthetics and just want a working mouse and already have one serial port available in your computer then $10 will get you there without dedicated card:

https://github.com/LimeProgramming/USB-serial-mouse-adapter for USB mice
USB to Serial Mouse using the Pi Pico! https://dosreloaded.de/forum/thread/5044-usb- … -pico/?pageNo=1

Or as you already have a COM1/2 equipped old mobo/system, just try the one and only user-sensible "blaster"-ish project form this YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elgyVhlFi6k

P.S. I'm not a fan of this channel and actually I don't find any sense in all the horizontal/vertical/diagonal/north-east/etc. battery "blasters" and so on, but the USB-2-serial mouse seems interesting project (if it works). And how can it be more than remarkable project, if the channel's owner has more than remarkable no-flux-soldering skills... complete tragedy.

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 267 of 270, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
copper wrote on 2024-01-20, 02:28:
feipoa wrote on 2024-01-20, 02:13:

Did anyone eventually pickup the ISA serial emulator card builds?

Hoping to start working on it this week but don't know how long it will take.

Do you have the 3D printed 90-degree brackets and the hole-stamped slot cover?

Last edited by feipoa on 2024-01-20, 06:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 269 of 270, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

calamitylime made a pcb based rear bracket

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 270 of 270, by copper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sphere478 wrote on 2024-01-21, 01:40:

calamitylime made a pcb based rear bracket

No need for that, I think the options are:

• Put a motherboard-style PS2 header on the card, and include an off-the-shelf bracket with PS2 port and cable. The bracket would not be attached to the card PCB, but maybe this is useful for some people with limited rear panel space.
  • Have new metal brackets fabricated; I have a recommendation for a place to do it, but don't know cost or minimum quantity yet

Thoughts?