VOGONS

First post, by roarkes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found at the price of 11 $ a Sony sound mixer. It is grey like the first Playstation and has the posibbility of recording sounds, beside sound effects (cat, broken glass etc.). It is simple and on the back it has ports for vhs (i think) video, left and right audio and cd in. In the middle it has a slider for reverse sound and on the left a small lever for backward sound and fade lever.
Somewere on the hardware, it is writen learning. It was made for kids maybe. The sound effects have litlle buttons.
The hardware cable has it is like a vga port.
I didn't took a picture in the triftshop and i don't know what year or the model. What do you think ?

Last edited by roarkes on 2019-08-31, 00:01. Edited 2 times in total.

Doom4ever

Reply 1 of 4, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pictures will definitely help, ideally if you can get a picture of the model number of the unit...

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 2 of 4, by roarkes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made some images. I will post them if needed. It is a Video Sound Effector XV-A33F.
Below is a link with this item description. I don't advertise this link, but you will see some info.
I don't know if this hardware goes to a console or a tv set and how it is used. I renamed the forum topic from
"Sony sound mixer with cat, broken glass etc. sounds" to "How can i use a Video Sound Effector XV-A33F ?"

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=200966759636&category=3278&pm=1&ds=0&t=1567208431232&cspheader=1

Doom4ever

Reply 3 of 4, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

According to the pictures from your link, this thing seems to accept composite video in, so I would assume you could plug it from a Composite source and plug a capture card on the "recorder" end of that thing..?

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 4 of 4, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It looks like it's for adding cheesy sound effects and overdub any audio (Microphone and CD inputs) you like onto home videos.
I guess the idea is that you put it between a camcorder and a VHS recorder and add stuff as you transfer your recording to VHS.

It has a companion, the XV-T33F:
https://youtu.be/uXh9RXepJSk