Topic actions

Reply 140 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 17:29:
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 17:15:
Thanks! Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4083.zip That should fix a few things like Compaq graphics name and […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 16:58:

adding attachment ....

Thanks! Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4083.zip
That should fix a few things like Compaq graphics name and report the PnP devices incl. SB16 PnP.

BTW: This is a special version that has been completely recompiled in VS6. So after a long time and a lot of effort, this is the first build that might be capable to run on Windows 95 too. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test this on such system yet, so I'd be happy if there are any users willing to provide feedback.

Thx for the update, L1 cache and the graphics card look better.

EDIT: Display of the 256kB mainboard cache would be nice, too 😁

Thank you for the feedback. There seems to be some issue with the VS6 compiler, which causes a few problems here. Let me check this...

Reply 141 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 17:29:
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 17:15:
Thanks! Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4083.zip That should fix a few things like Compaq graphics name and […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 16:58:

adding attachment ....

Thanks! Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4083.zip
That should fix a few things like Compaq graphics name and report the PnP devices incl. SB16 PnP.

BTW: This is a special version that has been completely recompiled in VS6. So after a long time and a lot of effort, this is the first build that might be capable to run on Windows 95 too. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test this on such system yet, so I'd be happy if there are any users willing to provide feedback.

Thx for the update, L1 cache and the graphics card look better.

EDIT: Display of the 256kB mainboard cache would be nice, too 😁

I have resolved a few issues related to VS6, so hopefully the EISA list and PnP devices will appear correct here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4084.zip

Reply 142 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 18:47:

I have resolved a few issues related to VS6, so hopefully the EISA list and PnP devices will appear correct here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4084.zip

Thx, it's improving.

Attachments

• hwinfo-cpq-overview.jpg
    Filename
    hwinfo-cpq-overview.jpg
    File size
    102.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    HWiNFO32dbg-cpq.zip
    File size
    3.25 KiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license

Reply 143 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 19:06:

Thx, it's improving.

Thanks, that's nice 😀 Do you maybe have the EISA config files for your mainboards? I will have a look at that if there's a possibility to detect mainboard L2 cache size from it.

Reply 144 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 19:18:

Thx, it's improving.

Thanks, that's nice 😀 Do you maybe have the EISA config files for your mainboards? I will have a look at that if there's a possibility to detect mainboard L2 cache size from it.

I can send you the files, but it won't help. The L2 cache size is NOT configured via ECU.
For the Compaq there isn't even an option: 256kB are soldered on the mainboard (without sockets)
The Micronics ASIC Eisa has sockets and 2 options: 64kB or 256kB. There are 3 jumpers on the mainboard to be set correctly for the l2 cache size.

What about NICs and drives?

Reply 145 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 19:47:
I can send you the files, but it won't help. The L2 cache size is NOT configured via ECU. For the Compaq there isn't even an opt […]
Show full quote
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 19:18:

Thx, it's improving.

I can send you the files, but it won't help. The L2 cache size is NOT configured via ECU.
For the Compaq there isn't even an option: 256kB are soldered on the mainboard (without sockets)
The Micronics ASIC Eisa has sockets and 2 options: 64kB or 256kB. There are 3 jumpers on the mainboard to be set correctly for the l2 cache size.

What about NICs and drives?

Indeed, I found a nice site with lots of EISA config files meanwhile (http://66.113.161.23/~mR_Slug/EISA/!CPQ0621.CFG/) and this board doesn't seem to have such configuration options.
NIC info would be based on the existing EISA list only.
As for SCSI drives on such old machines, I don't think this is possible.

Reply 146 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 20:00:

Couldn't this info be retrieved from Windows?
Like all harddisks and floppy drives? As far as I know SIV does it like that.

Same maybe for the NICs, but they got listed under EISA devices already, so not important.

EDIT: Floppy drives are there already, so it's about SCSI harddrives only. I guess for PCI SCSI controllers, they would be listed.
Hey, I could try some other machines and test it by myself 😁

Reply 147 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 20:11:
Couldn't this info be retrieved from Windows? Like all harddisks and floppy drives? As far as I know SIV does it like that. […]
Show full quote

Same maybe for the NICs, but they got listed under EISA devices already, so not important.

EDIT: Floppy drives are there already, so it's about SCSI harddrives only. I guess for PCI SCSI controllers, they would be listed.

OK, give me a few minutes to try something with the SCSI drives...

Reply 148 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Couldn't this info be retrieved from Windows? Like all harddisks and floppy drives? As far as I know SIV does it like that. […]
Show full quote

This will be very simple and list drive names only (if it works), but at least something: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4085.zip
Any other tests/machines are welcome 😉

Reply 149 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 21:25:
Show full quote

This will be very simple and list drive names only (if it works), but at least something: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4085.zip

Not too bad 😁
Nitpicking:
The floppy drives are now double listed.
Why did you skip the "/E" from the Compaq Qvision 1024/E? As far as I know, there is also a 1024/P.

Attachments

• hwinfo-cpq-overview.jpg
    Filename
    hwinfo-cpq-overview.jpg
    File size
    92.07 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • Filename
    HWiNFO32dbg.zip
    File size
    3.25 KiB
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File license

Reply 150 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 21:54:
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 21:25:
Show full quote

Why did you skip the "/E" from the Compaq Qvision 1024/E? As far as I know, there is also a 1024/P.

Graphics card detection is based on a different method (not EISA bus list) and here I don't know how to determine the /E.
Does /E stand for EISA and /P for PCI ?

Reply 151 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 22:07:

Graphics card detection is based on a different method (not EISA bus list) and here I don't know how to determine the /E.

Yes

Reply 152 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 22:09:

Yes

OK, I will update this in the next build.

Reply 153 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-16, 22:16:

Yes

Hi again,
Better do not change it, when it's reported by your method.
I guess I mixed up something: there is a compaq 1024/I (for isa) and 1024/E for eisa
The "bigger" model is the 1280, and there is a 1280/E and a 1280/P (for pci)

Reply 155 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Planet-Dune wrote on 2020-02-16, 23:46:

I tried HWInfo32 on a Win98SE system and the first thing it did was complain that I am using a 95/98 OS instead of NT, 2000,.. and that results might be "off". Is this normal?

Yes. I removed this warning in latest builds, you can try this version: http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4085.zip
It might be capable to run on Win95 too, but I didn't have a chance to test it there yet.

Reply 156 of 683, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 22:28:
Hi again, Better do not change it, when it's reported by your method. I guess I mixed up something: there is a compaq 1024/I (fo […]
Show full quote

Yes

Hi again,
I guess I mixed up something: there is a compaq 1024/I (for isa) and 1024/E for eisa

Hi again,
I spent some time trying to figure out how to safely detect the Non-PnP SB16 on Win9x and finally came up with something 😀 This will work however only of the SB16 driver is loaded, but this is your case.
Please try this version and let me know (a new DBG file will be needed): www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4086.zip
FYI, this detection is based on determining the I/O port of the SB16 via driver, but the rest (chip model and DSP version) is done via direct communication with the card. I hope this won't cause any issues as the direct protocol seems to be relatively safe to use.
This build should also show the Compaq video card as /E for EISA.

Reply 157 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2020-02-19, 14:34:
Hi again, I spent some time trying to figure out how to safely detect the Non-PnP SB16 on Win9x and finally came up with somethi […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-16, 22:28:
Hi again, Better do not change it, when it's reported by your method. I guess I mixed up something: there is a compaq 1024/I (fo […]
Show full quote

Hi again,

Hi again,
I spent some time trying to figure out how to safely detect the Non-PnP SB16 on Win9x and finally came up with something 😀 This will work however only of the SB16 driver is loaded, but this is your case.
Please try this version and let me know (a new DBG file will be needed): www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi32_623_4086.zip
FYI, this detection is based on determining the I/O port of the SB16 via driver, but the rest (chip model and DSP version) is done via direct communication with the card. I hope this won't cause any issues as the direct protocol seems to be relatively safe to use.
This build should also show the Compaq video card as /E for EISA.

Hello, I am back ....
I quickly tested with the Compaq Prosignia Server.
So the only change was the added /E for the graphics card, works fine.
I will add the debug file.

The second machine (with the non plug and play sound blaster 16) will be more interesting, will test soon.

Attachments

Reply 158 of 683, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So for the other machine, Sound Blaster 16 non plug and play detection seems to work, good job!
Will add a debug file.

Attachments

• Filename
    HWiNFO32-dbg-2020-02-22-2.zip
    File size
    3.46 KiB
    Downloads
    48 downloads
    File license
  • hwinfo-main.jpg
    Filename