Topic actions

Reply 601 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2022-05-18, 18:48:

Here you go. Thanks.

Thanks. I verified the GPU clock calculation and it should be correct. Have you looked in sensors and under GPU load how/if the clock reported changes?

Reply 602 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, you were right. The clock is dynamically changing according to gpu load. I didn’t check it before request here and though that it is stuck low. Honestly, I didn’t expect such old gpu to have variable clock rate.

Reply 604 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
K4sum1 wrote on 2022-06-16, 13:07:

Not sure if I can help, but I'm not even sure if I want to. I don't like the 7.0 changes and use 6.42.

HWiNFO32 remains full free, those changes affect mostly HWiNFO64.

Reply 605 of 677, by K4sum1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I only have personal reasons to use it, but I don't like the removal of "commerical" features to put behind a paywall. Also I think the UI was a bit different for the sensors, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Reply 607 of 677, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dr.zeissler wrote on 2022-09-08, 19:04:

where can I get HWINFO32 vintage for win95 ?

I believe the standard Win32/Win64 installer will install and run the Win32 version on 95

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 609 of 677, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

file.php?mode=view&id=146049

13 KW is clearly incorrect and reporting a 16-bit integer value to 3 decimal places triggered ROFL!

Attachments

• rofl.png
    Filename
    rofl.png
    File size
    19.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by red-ray on 2022-09-23, 14:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 610 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2022-09-23, 01:40:
https://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=146049 […]
Show full quote

file.php?mode=view&id=146049

13 KW is clearly incorrect and reporting a 16-bit integer value to 3 decimal places triggered ROFL!

Thanks. I assumed this is reported in Watts as it's not documented. Should that be perhaps in mW ?

Reply 611 of 677, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2022-09-23, 07:12:

Should that be perhaps in mW ?

No, when valid it's in Watts and given it's a 16-bit integer value mW is not a sensible guess as this would limit the value to 32 or maybe 65 Watts. Maybe with this you can figure it out.

file.php?id=146072

I also noted:

1. The Power is missing for Fans and Pumps
  2. The temperatures should by default be reported to two decimal places as they are valid to two decimal places. Epically so as powers are reported to three and none are valid.
  3. When a fan or pump is on-line then all of the Voltage + Current + Power + Speed should be reported even when they are zero .
  4. There are no Totals for the Current and Power.
  5. Power 2 and Power 4 should be reported as they are on-line even though zero.
  6. Four flow sensors are on-line and should be reported even though zero.
  7. Virt Temp 4 is a Delta temperature so 35.4 °F is incorrect.
  8. RPM Out is not reported.
  9. The two voltages + one current and power are not reported for my Farbwerk 360, further none of 16 software sensors are reported.

file.php?id=146076

Attachments

• Aqua Computer Farbwerk 360.png
    Filename
    Aqua Computer Farbwerk 360.png
    File size
    155.81 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Aqua Computer Farbwerk 360
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    RED.zip
    File size
    4.94 MiB
    Downloads
    44 downloads
    File comment
    .DBG file
    File license
    Public domain
  • Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT.png
    Filename
    Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT.png
    File size
    158 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 613 of 677, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2022-09-23, 15:40:

OK, but the main point is not answered - how does one know if a given powerConsumption value is valid or not?

That is a question you should ask Aqua Computer as I don't have the datasheet and even if I did it would be NDA.

Reply 614 of 677, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kennyPENTIUMpowers wrote on 2022-10-18, 16:35:

when i click on it (go to run it) in windows 95 on my p166 machine I get "Error Starting Program" "A required .DLL file, WININET.DLL, was not found"

I was pretty sure it should not require WININET.DLL and I suspect it's down to a bug/oversight in HWiNFO32 as looking at the image the only routine being used from WININET.DLL is InternetOpenA() and it will need to use several others so must be loading most of them.

file.php?id=147918

This should get picked up at build/link time and my guess is when it's linked wininet.lib is specified (either explicitly or by default) when it should not be.

It looks like HWiNFO64 has the same issue, but as x64 systems will always have WININET.DLL this will never be noticed.

Attachments

Reply 615 of 677, by kennyPENTIUMpowers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

oh yes hello red-ray.. i didnt realise there were separate HWinfo dos and windows threads .. thanks for picking up my post in the other thread ..
ill just post my original post here for others wondering what you are responding to.. :

downloaded HWiNFO32.exe ..

it wont run, get an error

when i click on it (go to run it) in windows 95 on my p166 machine I get "Error Starting Program" "A required .DLL file, WININET.DLL, was not found"..

this new version doesnt work on win 95 4.00.950a

according to this page which lists wininet.dll versions the dll comes in the internet explorer package or the OS install (WIN(95OSR2 onwards).. https://www.geoffchappell.com/studies/windows … story/index.htm
wondering which version is necessary?
does this mean i have to install Internet Explorer (ughh i dont want that crap on my system) .. or just the dll - which i have no idea where to get from and potentially opening up a can of worms as theres 11ty million different versions..?
ok ok so say i manage to find this missing dll, then what? where does it go? in the same folder as hwinfo32 or somewhere else like the windows folder?

Reply 616 of 677, by kennyPENTIUMpowers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

got WININET.DLL from a a win98se cd..
now it says it needs : SHLWAPI.DLL
(update)
installed SHLWAPI.DLL
now it says : "the WININET.DLL file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:CryptGetProvParam." also says "a device attached to the system is not functioning"
added ADVAPI32.DLL to the same directory as HWiNFO32.exe (thats where i have put the 3 DLL files so far)
still getting same error : "the WININET.DLL file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:CryptGetProvParam." also says "a device attached to the system is not functioning"
(update)
went back and looked for ADVAPI32.DLL it was already in the windows/system folder.. (just a bit of extra info).. actually the original ADVAPI32.DLL in the windows system folder is 14KB in size, the one i got off the win98se cd is 64KB.. .
(update)
changed the original ADVAPI32.DLL 16kb for this ADVAPI32.DLL 64kb win98se version .. had to exit to dos as windows said it was using the file.. rebooted ..
ok now .. no errors .. but no results either ... the system was accessign the HDD a lot for about a minute then stopped .. system is still running fine .. no activity from hwinfo32.exe, nothing shows at all, the app didnt launch, or it launched in the background, nothing to see on the screen
im guessing no one has tried this on win95a.. everyone is running 98se
(UPDATE)
so i ran HWINFO32 v7.31-4885 on another pentium system i have (P3 800mhz) which is running win98se.. and the program worked fine..

Reply 617 of 677, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kennyPENTIUMpowers wrote on 2022-10-19, 02:03:

im guessing no one has tried this on win95a. everyone is running 98se

I am 99.42 % sure HWiNFO32 should not neem WININET.DLL at all and that it will/should be fixed. You may be able to find a working set of .DLLs, but I expect HWiNFO32 will get fixed.

If you try my SIV32L.exe on your W95A system then it should run OK, it too uses WININET.DLL so such as Menu->File->Latest Releases won't work and should report WININET.DLL is missing.

Again, I suspect HWiNFO32.exe needing WININET.DLL is a bug in HWiNFO

Reply 618 of 677, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kennyPENTIUMpowers wrote on 2022-10-18, 22:05:
downloaded HWiNFO32.exe .. it wont run, get an error: "Error Starting Program" "A required .DLL file, WININET.DLL, was not found […]
Show full quote

downloaded HWiNFO32.exe .. it wont run, get an error: "Error Starting Program" "A required .DLL file, WININET.DLL, was not found"..

this new version doesnt work on win 95 4.00.950a

according to this page which lists wininet.dll versions the dll comes in the internet explorer package or the OS install (WIN(95OSR2 onwards).. https://www.geoffchappell.com/studies/windows … story/index.htm
wondering which version is necessary?
does this mean i have to install Internet Explorer (ughh i dont want that crap on my system) .. or just the dll - which i have no idea where to get from and potentially opening up a can of worms as theres 11ty million different versions..?
ok ok so say i manage to find this missing dll, then what? where does it go? in the same folder as hwinfo32 or somewhere else like the windows folder?

kennyPENTIUMpowers wrote on 2022-10-19, 02:03:

got WININET.DLL from a a win98se cd..

AFAIK you can't use the Win98 versions of these files on Win95.

You can get the original files by opening the Windows 95 setup folder in DOS/Command Prompt and issuing the following commands:

extract /a win95_02.cab wininet.dll
extract /a win95_02.cab shlwapi.dll

The above will go over all the cabinet files in the setup directory and extract the file specified at the end (if found in any of the cab-files).

I've also attached said files to this message for your convenience. These are direct from my OSR2 install CD.

Attachments

• Filename
    no_ie.zip
    File size
    170.52 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File comment
    wininet.dll/shlwapi.dll for Win95
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.

Reply 619 of 677, by kennyPENTIUMpowers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leonardo wrote on 2022-10-19, 20:50:

I've also attached said files to this message for your convenience. These are direct from my OSR2 install CD.

thanks for that ..
ive put the win95b WININET AND SHLWAPI you supplied in the same folder as hwinfo32, but it still doing the same thing (nothing except accessing the HDD for 30 seconds)..

Attachments

• hwinfo32.jpg
    Filename
    hwinfo32.jpg
    File size
    18.48 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain