VOGONS

First post, by gottspeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't see one on Vogonsdrivers... I found a driver on the net and it installs but doesn't work properly. Even though it shows up properly in device manager, it says device failure "install a different driver".

I heard this card is pretty popular on oldschool systems, anybody got this in their archive?

Reply 1 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This must be what you're looking for : http://www.win3x.org/win3board/viewtopic.php?t=26075

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 5, by brainoutsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The win3x link doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know where these drivers can be obtained at? Windows 98 drivers definitely do not fit, as the topic starter has stated. Thank you!

Last edited by brainoutsource on 2021-08-01, 10:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This should be the driver package I use for the Intel Pro 100S in Windows 95.

Filename
Intel_Pro_100S_Driver-Win95.exe
File size
1.59 MiB
Downloads
214 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 4 of 5, by brainoutsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2021-08-01, 09:32:

This should be the driver package I use for the Intel Pro 100S in Windows 95.
Intel_Pro_100S_Driver-Win95.exe

Thank you!

Unfortunately, on next reboot after the driver install I'm getting "Windows Protection Error" during Windows startup. Not quite sure what to do here. Mayby try with OSR2?

Reply 5 of 5, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems like I may have run into this at some point with some motherboard. What motherboard, CPU, and FSB are you using? If you are using a SiS 496 based 486, try setting the cache write cycle to 3. I recall 2 had issues with PCI NICs.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.