VOGONS


Reply 40 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
karl80038 wrote:

I'd like to apologize for my very late reply, however I archived a lot Intel download links to archive.org between October 9th and October 10th. I then pasted the links in a text file that I'd like to share now. Hopefully it'll be useful to someone and they can get the driver without needing to download the large archive.
It may not have all the items that were at some point on Intel's website, but I think most of the common downloads are represented

Awesum job karl and Thanks for the fine work !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 41 of 109, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote:
karl80038 wrote:

I'd like to apologize for my very late reply, however I archived a lot Intel download links to archive.org between October 9th and October 10th. I then pasted the links in a text file that I'd like to share now. Hopefully it'll be useful to someone and they can get the driver without needing to download the large archive.
It may not have all the items that were at some point on Intel's website, but I think most of the common downloads are represented

Awesum job karl and Thanks for the fine work !

Very, VERY much appreciated. In the name of the ever ongoing crusade that is the preservation of data, I salute you.

Reply 43 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Update: have grabbed every Manual and latest BIOS from Intel except the newest boards, have a week to go so should have most if not all of them. Am grouping them by series to make it easier.
Question: this is my current layout (see attached file), Archive by series then archive by board.
Can some someone give me a "this would be better" or "that is OK" or other suggestion before I start uploading to archive ? Thanks !

Attachments

  • Image2.jpg
    Filename
    Image2.jpg
    File size
    42.75 KiB
    Views
    1355 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Image3.jpg
    Filename
    Image3.jpg
    File size
    61.13 KiB
    Views
    1355 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 44 of 109, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Think your doing a good job

I'd say its easier to scrap he series folder and just have a big list of motherboards to scroll down.
But if you have alot of instances of common files like the BIOS Update Readme.pdf in the example above I think your current method makes the most sense and the folder names are easy enough to understand.

Reply 45 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chinny22 wrote:

Think your doing a good job
I'd say its easier to scrap he series folder and just have a big list of motherboards to scroll down.

Thanks ! I will post it all as a big list as you say and also post in groups of series so someone will not have to download 1Gb+ just to get one manual or one BIOS if they know their board model number.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 48 of 109, by karl80038

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Yes, Intel has unfortunately removed the files from their server. However you should be able to download the files by using Archive.org Wayback Machine.
I archived many download links there right before the files were removed from Intel's website. I'm starting to archive Intel's BIOS updates very soon and will then post the links in this forum thread.

Reply 49 of 109, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Meanwhile, Nvidia still offers driver downloads for extremely old video cards from the 90's onwards https://imgur.com/a/lfTO91J however it's a shame they don't host all the drivers. Under Windows 9x, driver compatibility with games was highly volatile and you'd need specific driver versions for whatever games you were primarily playing at the time. With Windows XP and newer this mostly stopped being an issue.

Edit: Vogons already has many of the Nvidia drivers at http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid= … &menustate=14,1

Last edited by franpa on 2019-11-20, 06:37. Edited 1 time in total.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 50 of 109, by Nurripter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
marvias wrote:

I found this site via google. It has many of the files categorized and also offering downloads from other vendors.

https://rebyte.me/en/intel/

Hello,
I am wondering if anybody knows how trustworthy the file hosted on that site are. I ask because the removal of drivers and such, has left me in a position I never knew I had to worry about. I currently have an Intel D865GBF at home, and want to reinstall windows XP for it, but I'm wanting to install the proper drivers for my board. The only issue is that I can't seem to find any of the files in the archives on archive.org and such, Intel only has the bios files for it now, and I've only found files on rebyte.me. So I'm in a bit of a pickle. If anybody knows how trustworthy it is, it will help me judge if I take the risk of installing the files it has or not.

Thanks,
Nurripter

Reply 51 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
karl80038 wrote:

I'm starting to archive Intel's BIOS updates very soon and will then post the links in this forum thread.

I have already grabbed the manuals and BIOS for most of the boards, just a couple dozen left to go and they are the 67, 77, 79, 85 and 87 chipset boards. Already got all the ones starting from the 430/440 series thru 975, and 31 series thru 61.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 52 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nurripter wrote:
Hello, I am wondering if anybody knows how trustworthy the file hosted on that site are. I ask because the removal of drivers a […]
Show full quote
marvias wrote:

I found this site via google. It has many of the files categorized and also offering downloads from other vendors.

https://rebyte.me/en/intel/

Hello,
I am wondering if anybody knows how trustworthy the file hosted on that site are. I ask because the removal of drivers and such, has left me in a position I never knew I had to worry about. I
Thanks, Nurripter

Yes the files on rebyte.me in the Intel section are good, have grabbed quite a few over the years. Only down side is: you have to complete a Captcha or TWO for every file you download, have not figured a way to get around that.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 54 of 109, by Nurripter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Horun wrote:

Yes the files on rebyte.me in the Intel section are good, have grabbed quite a few over the years. Only down side is: you have to complete a Captcha or TWO for every file you download, have not figured a way to get around that.

Thanks for the information. Definitely gonna help me out. Too bad about that captcha stuff. But it is what it is.

Nurripter

Reply 55 of 109, by nd22

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

I do not know whre to put this so I leave it here:
https://www.fudzilla.com/news/49817-chipzilla … ivers-from-site
It seems Intel is doing away with the old drivers from mid 2000s and earlier . Should I try to make an archive or is there already one in the making?

Reply 56 of 109, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nd22 wrote:

I do not know whre to put this so I leave it here:
https://www.fudzilla.com/news/49817-chipzilla … ivers-from-site
It seems Intel is doing away with the old drivers from mid 2000s and earlier . Should I try to make an archive or is there already one in the making?

Moved post.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 57 of 109, by ssokolow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Since nobody has mentioned it, this Reddit thread may also be useful to keep an eye on for coordinating things:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments … of_drivers_and/

Internet Archive: My Uploads
My Blog: Retrocomputing Resources
My Rose-Coloured-Glasses Builds

I also try to announce anything retro-relevant on on Twitter.

Reply 59 of 109, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for the MD5 but most of the stuff I downloaded direct from Intel is not in either archive, maybe 10-20% is and why I decided to manually grab what I could. See my dir list for the Legacy Boards (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/suppo … top-boards.html). That is the list I promised to get the manuals and Last BIOS files for, earlier in this topic and yes I have done it, 201 diff motherboards. Am still working on the ones listed as recent by Intel (67, 77, 85, etc chipset: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/suppo … top-boards.html).

I hope you can get what ever you can before it is gone.

Attachments

  • Filename
    dir_list.txt
    File size
    130.88 KiB
    Downloads
    93 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.