VOGONS

Reply 20 of 30, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bergqvistjl wrote:

Are there any motherboards with official support for an FSB at 133mhz (to Support a 1Ghz Coppermine), At least 1 ISA slot, but an Intel Chipset? (440BX or 815?)

I've got a Jetway 993AN, however that uses a VIA Apollo chipset.

As mentioned earlier, here is the IPOX IP-3ET123 motherboard (thought it was DFI ITOX) with an unlocked Tualeron:

20191107_003106_compress36.jpg[/attachment [attachment=0]IP-3ETI23 datasheet-2082858134.PDF

Attachments

Reply 21 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .
ISA works with the following caveats :
- NMI does not work (no megaem for GUS or similar MPU-401 emulation through aweutil under DOS). See AWE32 and NMI support (or lack of) on motherboard
- GUS PnP DMA does not work in any game .
- GUS classic DMA test fails in the setup utility (but works in games)

Otherwise AWE64 and GUS classic work fine (including DMA, which works in all games I have tried) under both DOS an Windows 98SE . Softmpu works fine too .

Reply 22 of 30, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am pretty certain QDI made an i815 Tualatin board with at least one ISA slot. (I think it was a Synactix board). I remember this clearly, because when I was switching from 440BX to i815 I was desperately trying to find one with an ISA slot to keep my AWE64. But sadly it wasn't available in my area, so I had to lose the AWE and settle on a TUSL2-C.

I think it was this one:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/heir-bx,241-21.html
the ISA slot was optional

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 23 of 30, by magus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2019-11-07, 03:34:
I have an Ipox 3ETI23 . ISA works with the following caveats : - NMI does not work (no megaem for GUS or similar MPU-401 emulat […]
Show full quote

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .
- NMI does not work (no megaem for GUS or similar MPU-401 emulation through aweutil under DOS). See AWE32 and NMI support (or lack of) on motherboard

Otherwise AWE64 and GUS classic work fine (including DMA, which works in all games I have tried) under both DOS an Windows 98SE . Softmpu works fine too .

Darry would it be possible for you to dump the BIOS of the board? We would like to add it to TRW project.

Reply 24 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
magus wrote on 2023-05-21, 14:47:
I have an Ipox 3ETI23 . ISA works with the following caveats : - NMI does not work (no megaem for GUS or similar MPU-401 emulat […]
Show full quote

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .

Darry would it be possible for you to dump the BIOS of the board? We would like to add it to TRW project.

Hi,

This is everything I have on hand, including a BIOS dump .

I have the utilities CD somewhere, but that's rather generic stuff.

Attachments

• Filename
    ipox_3eti23.zip
    File size
    1.25 MiB
    Downloads
    23 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 25 of 30, by magus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2023-08-03, 06:52:
Hi, […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .

Hi,

Thank you !

Reply 26 of 30, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Show full quote

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .

If only I knew that you were looking for it. Seems you missed my post two months ago 😀

Reply 27 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HanSolo wrote on 2023-08-03, 18:17:
Show full quote

I have an Ipox 3ETI23 .

If only I knew that you were looking for it. Seems you missed my post two months ago 😀

Did you get the 3rd board working ?

Reply 28 of 30, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
darry wrote on 2023-08-03, 18:45:

I still havven't found the time to work on it. Live got in the way 😀 But the boards are still here on my desk

Reply 29 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HanSolo wrote on 2023-08-03, 18:50:
darry wrote on 2023-08-03, 18:45:

I still havven't found the time to work on it. Live got in the way 😀 But the boards are still here on my desk

I get that. I have a few things on hiatus myself .

Reply 30 of 30, by magus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
magus wrote on 2023-08-03, 12:57:
darry wrote on 2023-08-03, 06:52:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

Thank you !

FYI: BIOS has been added to TRW: https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/ipox-t … eti23#downloads