AMD K5 case basge/sticker

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

Thanks for the opinions. I am leaning towards the black K5 badge (2). But what if the 3dfx badge was black? .

Still the K5. In any colour. But perhaps not due to its design. I just don't identify with the 3dfx brand enough. The ADM K5 is much more appealing for me. But of course this is your case...

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 21 of 30, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Somebody should make a 5k86 logo with the Cyrix speed stripes.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 22 of 30, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, that would be neat if you're running such CPU in a case.

The 5k68's - were those the model 0 K5's that the datasheet speaks of?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 23 of 30, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know. Some people claim that the old cores were called "SSA/5" and the later ones have a core called "5k86", but if you look at the early K5 CPUs they say both 5k86 and SSA/5 on them.

Reply 25 of 30, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How about this

Attachments

• k5.jpg
    Filename
    k5.jpg
    File size
    15.76 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 27 of 30, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I made it. Modified an original K6 logo.

Reply 28 of 30, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:
Can I use my artist skills to roughly doodle from what I think I saw in 97-98? […]
Show full quote

Can I use my artist skills to roughly doodle from what I think I saw in 97-98?

Could be false memories or confusion with another badge, and oddly I do think some form of line shading was involved, or maybe it was speedlines because it was "fast" taking inspiration from Cyrix's 586 line?

I forgot the OEM make, but the case was a beige mid-tower at least. Could've been a local build with a custom sticker job for all I know...

I HOPE i'm not going crazy and this crappy rendition jogs some memories or something!!

amdk5allegedbrandlogobadge.png

EDIT: USPTO does at least have a dead trademark listing of a 'typed drawing' for the AMD K5 filed in July 1995 but no image. 🙁

I don't know if this is real or not but it is amazingly cool and I want to have it printed, so if anyone with any skills to do it turn this into a real case badge design, please post it here. I an considering replacing the Pentium 133 in my Socket 7 PC with a K5-PR166 and would love to put this on it.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 29 of 30, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:

I don't know if this is real or not but it is amazingly cool and I want to have it printed, so if anyone with any skills to do it turn this into a real case badge design, please post it here. I an considering replacing the Pentium 133 in my Socket 7 PC with a K5-PR166 and would love to put this on it.

You can print it on 1x1" photo sticker paper.

Alternatively, you can also print on 1x1" crystal clear sticker paper and stick it to the metallic duct tape (not regular duct tape), then cut out the 1x1" square to have a metallic looking sticker. This stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Professional- … 76247594&sr=8-1

For domed stickers, I haven't done that yet, but you can use a 1x1" dome overlay on top of the photo paper or metallic duct tape sticker.

Watch this 8-bit Guy video for some ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYeIr1fPHHU -- he also uses a label maker with clear tape for smaller black&white labels.

1x1" sticker paper with template: https://www.sheetlabels.com/labels/SL596 --- you can use inkjet or laserjet depending on what type you select.

Edit, it looks like you can get 1x1" domes here, I just ordered some to try it out! https://www.etsy.com/listing/672751599/1-inch … fBoC6qsQAvD_BwE

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 30 of 30, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a scribble. I don't recommend printing it and I don't know if i'll have the time to make a clean vector version of it. Maybe emailing AMD to see if they have anything obscure on archive for the K5 brand (or 5K86 or even AM5x86) is worth a try... Unfortunately all the K5 data sheets lack logos. 🙁

I can only recall briefly seeing this sticker at a computer show around that time. There were rows of low priced machines running 3D Text.scr. So much Cyrix6x86 in one place... I didn't think about the K5 sticker again UNTIL this very thread.

apsosig.png
long live PCem