VOGONS

Reply 21 of 26, by Auron359

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote:

Do you think that it is a possibility that the 18 port switch is causing the problems, and that wiring the ME computer directly to the router maybe another trouble shooting step.

Oh I unpluged the cable from the switch and put it directly into the ME Pc so it is directly connected to the homeplug just like my Windows 10 PC is as the switch is just for my Tv and consoles.
While i would love to have a direct connection to my router, Id like to see anyone carry a Sony G500 anywhere on there own 🤣

Reply 23 of 26, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Auron359 wrote:

.. a different PCI card worked once but never worked after wards and I have tried 2 others since then.

Did you make sure there were no remnants of drivers from those other network cards still installed?
You probably have to go into Safe Mode to see duplicate drivers and unused-but-still-installed drivers.

Reply 24 of 26, by Auron359

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote:

you could try power cycling the 18 port switch and the router. I have had issues before with an external switches internal routing tables getting corrupt.

Ah could be i will give it a go and have a see if this helps.
Also not sure if this will be relivent but the first ethernet card I used with this PC is an PNR32-G1000
Drivers were given by the seller as there was no driver disk and it installed... pluged in an ethernet cable and it just worked, no need to mess with anything.
But after an OS reinstall that card and all others just don't wanna work.

Reply 25 of 26, by Auron359

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
skitters wrote:
Auron359 wrote:

.. a different PCI card worked once but never worked after wards and I have tried 2 others since then.

Did you make sure there were no remnants of drivers from those other network cards still installed?
You probably have to go into Safe Mode to see duplicate drivers and unused-but-still-installed drivers.

Since I am adding /removing hardware alot I always do a full wipe and fresh install of windows to prevent conflicts since well.. I only just found out 2 days ago my install kept failing due to a faulty 256mb stick of ram -.-

Reply 26 of 26, by Auron359

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok I am stupid... probably the most stupid person on this site..

I fixed the issue and it was not my router, ethernet card, cable, or Me PC... The problem was with the home plug. The stupid thing got unlinked from the network somehow and that is why it didn't work.
Relinked it to the main homeplug and and i have a connection with simple plug and play.