VOGONS

First post, by Bellator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's a priceless ad and the seller doesn't know what he is selling. He won't send me any photo unless I tell him before how much I'm willing to pay. I've failed to identify both boards. It's a strange motherboard, ATX and SDRAM only but without AGP slot. S7 or SS7? The other one looks like a PCI sound card with the input and output connectors in the small card.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.png
    Filename
    1.png
    File size
    218.64 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like a socket A mainboard to me. At least judging from the cooler. It has VGA on-board, hence no AGP.

But seriously, if the seller wants an offer before sending pictures and pretends not knowing what he sells, stay away!

Reply 2 of 8, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like a socket A mainboard to me.

Socket A with black ATX panel? Never.

ATX and SDRAM only but without AGP slot. S7 or SS7?

From the looks of it, it's a SIS based Socket 7 board. Most likely SIS530, because there's a bulky southbridge.

EDIT: That's ASUS P5-99VM.

EDIT2: The PCI card is one of the Conexant sound card + modem combo models. Something like this one (identical chip).

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 3 of 8, by Bellator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-01-19, 19:42:
Socket A with black ATX panel? Never. […]
Show full quote

Looks like a socket A mainboard to me.

ATX and SDRAM only but without AGP slot. S7 or SS7?

From the looks of it, it's a SIS based Socket 7 board. Most likely SIS530, because there's a bulky southbridge.

EDIT2: The PCI card is one of the Conexant sound card + modem combo models. Something like this one (identical chip).

You found it. Thank you very much.

Reply 4 of 8, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote on 2020-01-19, 19:05:

But seriously, if the seller wants an offer before sending pictures and pretends not knowing what he sells, stay away!

Really, what's the point of even trying to sell something online if you aren't going to take clear, detailed photos, especially of the model number markings, in an effort to communicate to buyers as to what they can buy from you?

Reply 5 of 8, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-01-19, 19:42:

What ATX panel? Are we looking at the same picture? I don't see an ATX panel there.

Close, but doesn't match. The section in front of the PCI slots is different.

Reply 6 of 8, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bellator wrote on 2020-01-19, 18:51:

It's a priceless ad and the seller doesn't know what he is selling. He won't send me any photo unless I tell him before how much I'm willing to pay.

That's more than weird.

Reply 7 of 8, by Cobra42898

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i have a hp pavilion s370 board that came with one of those modem/sound daughter board setups. perhaps this came from one of those? this is not something id expect to see in a typical tower. the short mid towers used this because they were so cramped.

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.

Reply 8 of 8, by Bellator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cobra42898 wrote on 2020-01-19, 22:40:

i have a hp pavilion s370 board that came with one of those modem/sound daughter board setups. perhaps this came from one of those? this is not something id expect to see in a typical tower. the short mid towers used this because they were so cramped.

Yes, all this seems to come from a HP Pavilion 6640C. Asus OEM P5S-VM board (the same as the P5-99VM) with a K6-2 500 MHz and 64 MB SDRAM.