VOGONS

First post, by Violett'Blossom

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone, I have aquired this laptop about year ago, the belt in floppy caddy broke, however Iam not able to open it even when screws are out.

Have anyone repaired it yet ? 😀

Thanks for any info. 😀

Attachments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retro gaming : Compaq Armada E500
Portable : MacBook Air 2012
Hackingtosh : I5 6500 8GB DDR4 RX480 8GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply 1 of 3, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Violett'Blossom wrote on 2020-01-28, 06:19:

Hello everyone, I have aquired this laptop about year ago, the belt in floppy caddy broke, however Iam not able to open it even when screws are out.

Thanks for any info. 😀

run your finger over the label to feel any voids under it. if you feel voids likely there are hidden screws. Rest of the screws are visible i guess.

Reply 2 of 3, by Violett'Blossom

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2020-01-28, 06:49:
Violett'Blossom wrote on 2020-01-28, 06:19:

Thanks for any info. 😀

run your finger over the label to feel any voids under it. if you feel voids likely there are hidden screws. Rest of the screws are visible i guess.

I have done that, no signs of screws or holes under the label. 😒

Retro gaming : Compaq Armada E500
Portable : MacBook Air 2012
Hackingtosh : I5 6500 8GB DDR4 RX480 8GB

Reply 3 of 3, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pry it apart at the seam on the horizontal plane with a cell phone opener plastic tool. It looks like a little spade tipped pry tool made of plastic. You can also use a very thin flathead screwdriver, but you'd have to be extremely careful not to mar the floppy enclosure plastic. There are likely tabs holding it together, and they can break easily.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals