VOGONS

Re: Powering a Supermicro P3TDDE

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You used a 512 KB or 1 MB graphics card and it showed 3.6 GB still? If so, then that's as good as it gets. Even an Opteron 185 or Athlon FX-60 only show 3.3 GB

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 21 of 26, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2020-02-10, 03:48:

You used a 512 KB or 1 MB graphics card and it showed 3.6 GB still? If so, then that's as good as it gets. Even an Opteron 185 or Athlon FX-60 only show 3.3 GB

so you mean something to do with the video card ? the same memory will be secured for video card ? if so, do you know how to disable this setting ? i dont think we need motherboard to keep memory for video card ...

Reply 22 of 26, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

dude, you are not going to get more than 3.6gb on this system. It is just the nature of the beast. Normal limitations of a 32-bit motherboard.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 23 of 26, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think I recall one Tualatin board showing 3.9 GB when only using the onboard graphics chip and nothing else, but this is not common.

What do you need the extra 0.4 GB for?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 25 of 26, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2020-02-10, 06:24:

I think I recall one Tualatin board showing 3.9 GB when only using the onboard graphics chip and nothing else, but this is not common.

What do you need the extra 0.4 GB for?

surely i will not be able to use those more than 3.6GB. just passionate about the hardware configuration. just curious about its not supporting 4G even it says yes on suppmicro's website. this i s a big misunderstanding. or at least, suppermicro should say, you can plug in 4*1G memory, but on post screen you can only see 3.6GB max (or just say, it will show less than 4G due to hardware limitation).

by doing this, customer should understand easily, not like, the motherboard support 4G max ... on it's website, if so why we cannot see it.