Windows 98SE
Gotek Floppy Emulator
IDE/SD Adapter w/32GB SD card

Video:
Diamond Viper V550
Diamond Monster 3DFX Voodoo II 12MB

Sound:
Deciding Between a SB16, or a SB32 w/32MB of SIMMs

I already installed Win98SE, and trying to figure out what else I need to install

- What drivers do I need to install if any, for the motherboard/chipset? (This one has an Intel i440BX)
- What are the best drivers I can install for the TNT based Viper V550? (I heard good things about reference drivers but then diamond has it's own thing going on?)
- What are the best drivers I can install for the Voodoo II ? Would it be fastvoodo (and if so what version?) or something else?

Anything else I might need/want to install on this?

Thanks!!

Reply 1 of 3, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For the motherboard you need Intel BX chipset driver.
And it also could be possible that you need a seperate AGP driver.

Second question: I dont know.. I would just go for the latest or pre-latest driver.. If it is for just running old games, i dont would even bother.

Third question: I would just go for the genuine driver.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 2 of 3, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Detonator 2.10 or 3.68 are recommended for TNT1. Newer ones start to degrade performance. And you are probably aiming to run games from the correct years and not stress the GPU too much. Ergo I would stick with one of the oldest drivers.

Reply 3 of 3, by walterg74

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jaZz_KCS wrote on 2020-02-09, 11:36:

Detonator 2.10 or 3.68 are recommended for TNT1. Newer ones start to degrade performance. And you are probably aiming to run games from the correct years and not stress the GPU too much. Ergo I would stick with one of the oldest drivers.

Thanks. Seems to be a large gap between those two versions? Why one or the other?