VOGONS

Hello tech lovers just found this

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Aura-fr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all hello to you dear reader.
Ill be brief : i just found and old i286 which i dont have the heart to put to the recycling center. Does this is valuable for someone? If one of you is interested i will be more than happy to send this to you (in Europe) . You Silly tech hoarder ! 😃
Can't wait to know if someone looking for this kind of stuff.

@moderator sorry if i am not in the right place or if my message is inapropriate. I'm just happy to find truly passionate people out there. Feel Free to trash the post i will understand.
Regards

Attachments

Reply 1 of 20, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you are giving it away for free, that is ok. If you want to sell it, that is not ok in this forum. If I lived in Europe would gladly take it from you 😁

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 20, by Aura-fr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello horun yes this is the point 😃 i would like to keep it but i dont have the Space neither the Time right now.I might regret in the future however giving it to someone who will use/save it is to me much Valuable than scraping it

Reply 5 of 20, by Aura-fr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello bearking of course its a giveaway i think its better to continue in private message to sort things out. Last Time i checked it it was working but that was merely 20y ago it has the main board : video card a printer card and what i would call the main daughter (sound or power didnt check enough) psu 5"floppy 3" floppy and the st225 HDD ( unknown capacity must be around 20 mb you know better than me 😀 ) i will add all media i get from this Era sure some Can be archived for sure. Due to weight purpose i dis not incluse the ega screen or the printer . However if reaaaaaaaaaaaly interested i Can take pics 😃. Still had kb and mouse if i look more deeply

Reply 8 of 20, by Aura-fr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear all pm sender im sorry i didnt Saw your messages until now. I didnt open them and will only do if things didnt go to the end with bearking on a fifo basis . I can't answer to pm yet. However i will update this topic if things changes. I didnt expect that much interest on this hardware even here 😀 on a such short period of Time . Regards and sorry again

Reply 10 of 20, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Deksor wrote on 2020-02-29, 18:28:

That's a sweet lot, all it needs is a case and it will make a nice 286 system !

It sure is a nice board ! Octek G2 286. Same as this one by Predator99 but has the SIMM sockets !
Re: 80286 BIOS image collection

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 12 of 20, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
imi wrote on 2020-02-29, 20:38:

just make sure you don't give it to someone who will just resell it but someone who will actually use it ^^

I do wonder if this forum has been infiltrated by those human scum waiting for a freebee to appear. Make sure you check someone's history before giving something away!

Reply 14 of 20, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kolderman wrote on 2020-02-29, 21:04:
imi wrote on 2020-02-29, 20:38:

just make sure you don't give it to someone who will just resell it but someone who will actually use it ^^

I do wonder if this forum has been infiltrated by those human scum waiting for a freebee to appear. Make sure you check someone's history before giving something away!

Yeah and there are some non-newbies here who do have online stores where they sell stuff, do know of 3. One is very fair, one is so-so and the other charges rediculous prices for such items. Just sayin....
I really could use that mobo as a build project as only have one working 286 board but cannot find jumper and switch settings for it so cannot add a mathco or change the ram. Too bad am out of area or would have been the first contact and yes would really use the parts except maybe the HD which would gets passed on free to someone else here who needs XT era parts.

Reply 16 of 20, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-03-01, 01:09:

I saw the thread straight away and I am a silly tech hoarder in europe, but I already have a few 286 boards to play with, so rather let someone else have the fun ^^

Good for you ! Though maybe you should have pm'd OP asap as at least it would be put to some use, if even in your museum 🤣. You could share anything you didn't want to other. I saw it about 5 mins after it was posted but figured a Mod or L33t would answer it quickly, after an hour figured maybe I should respond.
edit: bad grammar

Reply 17 of 20, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kolderman wrote on 2020-02-29, 21:04:

Nice way of accusing other people only because you weren't the one who contacted him first. Or do you have any proofs that bearking if one of those persons you are refering to?

ps: this thread should be closed, as people apparently can't handle free giveaways.