Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm building a xp machine.

Specs

Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 REV 2.1
Gtx 750
2X 2 GB 1333
I3-2130

I have two of these motherboards, the other one works with the same specs. It only is Rev 3.0 instead of 2.1.

What happens: it starts up, I get the startup screen, in which I should press buttons. None of the keys responds. I've tried ps2 and USB. After 2 minutes the screen goes black, while still running. Gpu is fine.

Is my motherboard defect or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited by Tiemen on 2020-03-17, 15:13. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by PTherapist

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try removing the battery to clear the BIOS settings and see if it makes any difference.

Failing that, try with everything disconnected except for the ATX & 4-pin power cables and connect a monitor to the onboard graphics and see if you can get any further. Maybe also try different RAM sticks.

Reply 2 of 2, by Tiemen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PTherapist wrote on 2020-03-17, 17:23:

Try removing the battery to clear the BIOS settings and see if it makes any difference.

Failing that, try with everything disconnected except for the ATX & 4-pin power cables and connect a monitor to the onboard graphics and see if you can get any further. Maybe also try different RAM sticks.

Thanks. Already replaced cmos battery, and tried two working cpus and 4 ram sticks. Did everything else also. Stays the same.