VOGONS

Reply 40 of 42, by undeon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using 43.45, the first driver for the first branch of FX cards... During the week I'll do more tests... I think wont hurt to update the driver to test... Anyway, I'll test the patch... Thanks again 😀

Reply 41 of 42, by undeon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in updating the post.

No hardware update, but I'm about to receive 2x1GB DDR400. I believe this will make my life easier when I have to access the internet on this PC.

I was unable to install the Audigy VXD driver. I will have to research more about this later.

I tested some games...

Skyroads - No music. Special effects only.
Shattered Steel - Installed correctly, opened the game correctly, but he asks for the CD when start a mission, even with the ISO of the game mounted. I'll have to get him a NOCD patch.
Necrodome - It ran 100%, but it is already for Windows, so ok.
F-22 Lightning II - Installed correctly, but did not recognize the sound card for music. Voices and SFX are ok.
F-22 Raptor - Installed correctly, but it is already for Windows, as well as Necrodome.
Grand Prix II - Attempts to install, but complains about native DOS mode.
Quarantine - Attempts to install, but complains about native DOS mode, just like GP2.
Mario & Luigi - No music or special effects. But I don't remember if this game even has any sound at all kkkkk

As soon as I can install the VXD driver I will test again the games that did not play the sound. Next week I will use native DOS mode to run the other games ...

Last edited by undeon on 2020-07-27, 12:21. Edited 1 time in total.