VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

I was trying this card on an old P3-5007i440BX mobo and I had difficult time to find latest drivers v2.1 but at the end I found the drivers alone, but I can't find in any way the correct application software that came along with the drivers. All the site link to the ftp official page that seems not working anymore and I only found the older v1.21 that cannot work with v2.1.
I need this latest drivers cause with previous ones image quality is seriously wrong with my monitor with no upscaling at all even when forced on regedit to the real resolution. I remember this drivers helped me in the past when I bought it but I can't find that file anymore online.
This are the latest version of the page found on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050427081025/ht … rd_win9x_me.htm
Below there's the application link to the old ftp server not working anymore. Even the application setup v2.0b would be fine but also that I can't find anywhere.
Anyone can help?
Thank

Reply 1 of 7, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think I have a copy of the W2K/XP drivers and app, but not the win9x ones .

EDIT : I found them .
Maybe you can get the 2K/XP apps working on 9x with KernelEx .

Attachments

• Filename
    xc_2_1k2.zip
    File size
    2.83 MiB
    Downloads
    31 downloads
    File comment
    REALmagic Xcard(TM) Release 2.1 (Build 172) (2K/XP) disk 2
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    xc_2_1k1.zip
    File size
    1.92 MiB
    Downloads
    32 downloads
    File comment
    REALmagic Xcard(TM) Release 2.1 (Build 172) (2K/XP) disk 1
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 7, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
darry wrote on 2020-05-06, 22:53:

I think I have a copy of the W2K/XP drivers and app, but not the win9x ones .

EDIT : I found them .
Maybe you can get the 2K/XP apps working on 9x with KernelEx .

Thanks! Unfortunately I've no XP o.s. to use so I've to still look for the right files or try KernelEx.

Reply 3 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
386SX wrote on 2020-05-07, 10:48:

Thanks! Unfortunately I've no XP o.s. to use so I've to still look for the right files or try KernelEx.

I've been collecting drivers for my Sigma Design compilation thread. I found the Win9x 2.1 driver for the RealMagic Xcard (and many others). I have a theory that the disk 2 are interchangeable between Win9x and 2k/XP for the Xcard and Netstream 4000 products, atleast the filesizes/CRC matches v1.1, v1.2, v1.21 of the Xcard (where I have both the XP and Win9x application files). I've attached ver 2.1 for Win9x, could you try and see if it installs with the application disk2 above for Win2k/XP?

If it doesn't work I have attached 2.0b driver and app

Attachments

• Filename
    XC_2b_W1.zip
    File size
    1.77 MiB
    Downloads
    29 downloads
    File comment
    Xcard Win9x & ME ver 2.0b driver (disk1)
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    XC_2b_W2.zip
    File size
    2.72 MiB
    Downloads
    50 downloads
    File comment
    Xcard Win9x & ME ver 2.0b app (disk2)
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    XC_2_1W1.zip
    File size
    2.09 MiB
    Downloads
    33 downloads
    File comment
    Xcard Win9x & ME ver 2.1 driver (disk1)
    File license
    Public domain

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 4 of 7, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2020-11-10, 22:34:
386SX wrote on 2020-05-07, 10:48:

I've been collecting drivers for my Sigma Design compilation thread. I found the Win9x 2.1 driver for the RealMagic Xcard (and many others). I have a theory that the disk 2 are interchangeable between Win9x and 2k/XP for the Xcard and Netstream 4000 products, atleast the filesizes/CRC matches v1.1, v1.2, v1.21 of the Xcard (where I have both the XP and Win9x application files). I've attached ver 2.1 for Win9x, could you try and see if it installs with the application disk2 above for Win2k/XP?

If it doesn't work I have attached 2.0b driver and app

Great thanks! I need to build again a Win 9x machine and I'll surely try it. It still seems like the application file for the 2.1 related release is difficult to find that I suppose it might be called "XC_2_1W2" if I remember from the latest archived page of their website. 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, that file is currently missing (along with some others as listed in Sigma Designs RealMagic complete productlist, supported games and drivers). If the files are interchangeable for release 2.1, then we could just rename XC_2_1K2 to XC_2_1W2.

I don't own the card myself so cannot test.

Reply 6 of 7, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2020-11-11, 13:39:

Yes, that file is currently missing (along with some others as listed in Sigma Designs RealMagic complete productlist, supported games and drivers). If the files are interchangeable for release 2.1, then we could just rename XC_2_1K2 to XC_2_1W2.

I don't own the card myself so cannot test.

I suppose the 2.0b version of the application should still work fine but it'd be nice to see which improvements has been made on the newer application. But the 32bit XP version I imagine it might not work maybe not even with kernelex but I'm not sure.
I think to remember the previous app anyway should work fine (even if I really preferred the Hollywood+ application layout ..).
The Xcard was a nice one but I never found the perfect combination to try it. When the dvd start it actually switch from the VGA output of the card to the VGA output of the Xcard if I understood and this ask for some quite tricky monitor config problems. In the regedit keys there're some way to add our own monitor config but I remember having complicated results and most important the windowed mode was missing. Considering that at that time DVI cards were already common they should have gone for a layered DVI composition logic, mantaining the H+ logic but with a digital signal and with the video card driving the monitor. 😉

Reply 7 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
386SX wrote on 2020-11-11, 17:04:

I suppose the 2.0b version of the application should still work fine but it'd be nice to see which improvements has been made on the newer application. But the 32bit XP version I imagine it might not work maybe not even with kernelex but I'm not sure.

That might work as a backup solution. As I mentioned in my post I believe when it comes to RealMagic Xcard and RealMagic Netstream 4000 the app files works both in Win9x and XP. For the Xcard I have driver and app releases for both Win9x AND XP for the following versions:
-v1.1
-v1.2
-v1.21

All of the app files (named W2 or K2) have the same filesize and the same CRC checksum on the files within the respective versions. The readme.txt do not specify which operating system its for (which Netstream 2000 readme does). For Netstream 4000 the readme.txt in the application file specifies Win9x,Win2k and WinXP.

README.TXT For REALmagic NetStream 4000 (TM)
Release 1.0 (Build 151) for Win 9x/Me/2K/XP - Dec. 23rd, 2002