Retro Erik tested GamepadLPT with his 6 button Sega Mega Drive controller :
for using 6 buttons, he used the 5V USB supply of GamepadLPT to have enough juice.
It worked well, see it in action in this video : https://youtu.be/qsbwjXEhZYw
Latency seems very good.
He tested several games with GamepadLPT, and most worked ok :
Worked fine :
- Arkanoid 2 : OK
- DeathRally - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Ironman : OK
- Jazz Jackrabbit - tip: use a button for up/jump (Up = lctrl) : OK
- Lotus 3 - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Mega Man X - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Mortal Kombat 3 - Expand Memory, KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Need4Speed - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Overkill : OK
- Pacman : OK
- Paku Paku : OK
- Pang : OK
- Planet X3 - tip:use repeat before directions e.x. Up = repeat up : OK
- Prehistorik : OK
- Raptor - KeySimMethod = new : OK
- Rastan - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Supaplex - KeySimMethod = old : OK
- Xenon2 : OK
Had problems :
- OutRun - locks : NOK
- Tyrian2K - movement is erratic : NOK
- Xaragon - locks after about a minute : NOK
I will collect more information in a FAQ, and will also upload example INI files here : http://serdaco.com/downloads/GAMEPADLPT/
Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS ,
Thanks for your support !