VOGONS

First post, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I need help identifying this case. It was used by ASI Computer (Aquarius Systems International GmbH) and others. It must have been available as a stand alone case only without a prebuilt system, too.
Does anyone know the name of the company which built it or furthermore a product name/number?

Attachments

Last edited by CMB75 on 2020-05-14, 05:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just generic case. I seen all kinds of anything from the back of the day. Careful of the sharp edges.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bit of idle speculation, but just read an 1992 interview (translated from Polish) with one of the ex-Commodore guys who founded ASI and he was saying that their cases were made locally (as they were discussing their low Taiwanese component count I think that means either in Germany or somewhere in Europe). As it happens I also found an image of another ASI case and the back label on the case was marked Robotron GmbH (seems amongst other things they made cases and also had some connection to Commodore)

Reply 4 of 4, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2020-05-13, 21:25:

Bit of idle speculation, but just read an 1992 interview (translated from Polish)

Yes, I read a similar article in German (Computerwoche/Spiegel). But I believe they didn’t build the cases themselves as I had exactly that one back in the day with a DX2, custom built. I ordered all the parts separately. Unfortunately all those small suppliers went out of business before archive.org... thanks for looking it up though.