VOGONS

First post, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there! I recently grabbed my Satellite Pro 4300 (12.1 inch screen version) from my closet (the last time I turned it on was like.. 5-6 years?) and well.. I wanted to restore it, gave it a little clean, put a fresh copy of Win98 on it (since I have my ME/XP build) and play with it again like back in the late 2000's.. But when I opened it up I saw that something happened to the screen, what is this thing?? The last time I used this laptop it was working perfectly fine, and now the screen looks like this.. Can someone please tell me if I can fix it? Because looking for a replacement is hard.. Like I search on Ebay and literally nothing shows up. Apparently the hard disk died too but that's no problem, easy replacement. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by EvieSigma

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If that's what I think it is your LCD is toast. I've seen this happen before to stuff like Apple PowerBooks kept in certain conditions (for example, warm coastal conditions). I believe those streaks are actually the liquid part of the liquid crystal display leaching through the topmost layer.