VOGONS

Reply 40 of 42, by PC@LIVE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I saw today that you are looking for a manual for the Acorp 5VIA3P motherboard, I have a motherboard with a MII 333 (3.5X75), if I remember correctly I have a 128MB dimm, but if you are interested I can restart the PC and provide more info.
Unfortunately I don't have the paper manual for that card, but in the link there is the online equivalent (images), I don't know if it has already been inserted previously, I hope it will be useful, regarding the BIOS the latest version available is not correctly recognizes the fastest CPUs, both MII 300 and 333 are recognized as 6X86MX 266, a mod would be needed, unfortunately I'm not able to do it, and I don't know if anyone wants to modify the BIOS, for those who would like a BIOS that correctly recognizes the installed CPUs, unfortunately in that motherboard there is no possibility to select lower voltages for the VCore, but by finding a way to lower the VCore you could also install a K6-2 400 (or more) , selecting 2X that the CXT remaps to 6X, then if 400MHz is not enough you could select 75MHz FSB, thus reaching 450MHz, 500MHz with 83MHz FSB is also possible, but I'm pretty sure the PCI will go beyond 41MHz, and here they could there be problems with the hard drives.

http://www.aa2972727.ru/socket7/via/acorp-5via3p/z.html

AMD 286-16 287-10 4MB HD 45MB VGA 256KB
AMD 386DX-40 Intel 387 8MB HD 81MB VGA 256KB
Cyrix 486DLC-40 IIT387-40 8MB VGA 512KB
AMD 5X86-133 16MB VGA VLB CL5428 2MB and many others
AMD K62+ 550 SOYO 5EMA+ and many others
AST Pentium Pro 200 MHz L2 256KB

Reply 41 of 42, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PC@LIVE wrote on 2022-12-05, 21:33:

I saw today that you are looking for a manual for the Acorp 5VIA3P motherboard, I have a motherboard with a MII 333 (3.5X75), if I remember correctly I have a 128MB dimm, but if you are interested I can restart the PC and provide more info.
Unfortunately I don't have the paper manual for that card, but in the link there is the online equivalent (images), I don't know if it has already been inserted previously, I hope it will be useful, regarding the BIOS the latest version available is not correctly recognizes the fastest CPUs, both MII 300 and 333 are recognized as 6X86MX 266, a mod would be needed, unfortunately I'm not able to do it, and I don't know if anyone wants to modify the BIOS, for those who would like a BIOS that correctly recognizes the installed CPUs, unfortunately in that motherboard there is no possibility to select lower voltages for the VCore, but by finding a way to lower the VCore you could also install a K6-2 400 (or more) , selecting 2X that the CXT remaps to 6X, then if 400MHz is not enough you could select 75MHz FSB, thus reaching 450MHz, 500MHz with 83MHz FSB is also possible, but I'm pretty sure the PCI will go beyond 41MHz, and here they could there be problems with the hard drives.

Thanks! But I mostly solved all of the issues that I was dealing with, during the discussions in this thread.
That's not to say that there aren't more unknowns regarding this board... But for me, at the moment, the board has done it's job as a temporary testing rig 😀
I already posted these pictures along with maybe some other useful stuff, in the archives in this post: Re: Acorp 5VIA3-P - MANUAL needed, pls!!

A full manual would still be great though 😜

Reply 42 of 42, by PC@LIVE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
B24Fox wrote on 2022-12-05, 22:49:
Thanks! But I mostly solved all of the issues that I was dealing with, during the discussions in this thread. That's not to say […]
Show full quote
PC@LIVE wrote on 2022-12-05, 21:33:

Thanks! But I mostly solved all of the issues that I was dealing with, during the discussions in this thread.
That's not to say that there aren't more unknowns regarding this board... But for me, at the moment, the board has done it's job as a temporary testing rig 😀
I already posted these pictures along with maybe some other useful stuff, in the archives in this post: Re: Acorp 5VIA3-P - MANUAL needed, pls!!

A full manual would still be great though 😜

Please I hoped to be more helpful, unfortunately I don't have a paper manual of this board, and I don't know how it's done, it could be very simple (a few pages), as it could be very detailed, I don't think you can find it, maybe it could have that who put the images of the link I put, we should see if you can contact him and ask him if he can provide the other pages.
In the future if I can make a mod for the Vcore, without soldering anything to the motherboard, and it works, I might drop the voltage from 2.8V to 2.2V, but I don't know if what I have in mind will work, in that case (i.e. if it works) I could install a 400 or 450 Mhz K6-2 CXT, using 2X multi (remap to 6X) and FSB 66 or 75, I don't think to go to FSB 83 (500MHz) because the PC becomes unstable.
If you succeed, the last thing that could be useful is a modified BIOS version, if you manage to get the VCore to go below 2.2V, you could also install a K6+, here if you are interested there are many motherboards with modified BIOS : http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

AMD 286-16 287-10 4MB HD 45MB VGA 256KB
AMD 386DX-40 Intel 387 8MB HD 81MB VGA 256KB
Cyrix 486DLC-40 IIT387-40 8MB VGA 512KB
AMD 5X86-133 16MB VGA VLB CL5428 2MB and many others
AMD K62+ 550 SOYO 5EMA+ and many others
AST Pentium Pro 200 MHz L2 256KB