VOGONS

First post, by zPacKRat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been having "fun" working with this old board. Can't say it's been all good, can't get and awe64 or sb live not to crackle without the latency patch, which in turn causes the system to lock up. But hey, it's "fun", and digging through old stuff turned up the install cd that shipped with my pa-2013 v2. So if there is interest in it, let me know.

Reply 1 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zPacKRat wrote on 2020-05-27, 00:02:

I've been having "fun" working with this old board. Can't say it's been all good, can't get and awe64 or sb live not to crackle without the latency patch, which in turn causes the system to lock up. But hey, it's "fun", and digging through old stuff turned up the install cd that shipped with my pa-2013 v2. So if there is interest in it, let me know.

Yes there will be interest. Make an ISO image and upload somewhere like Archive.org or Google drive and make an entry in Vogons drivers library section with a link to where it is.
VOGONS Driver Library

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 9, by zPacKRat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-05-27, 00:39:

Yes there will be interest. Make an ISO image and upload somewhere like Archive.org or Google drive and make an entry in Vogons drivers library section with a link to where it is.
VOGONS Driver Library

I tried that, and my login here did not work there and I did not see an option to create one.

Reply 4 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zPacKRat wrote on 2020-05-27, 15:07:

VOGONS Driver Library

I tried that, and my login here did not work there and I did not see an option to create one.

If you posted to Archive.org or upped to a Google drive: Click on the link I posted and just add the link info to the forum part. Only SquallStrife can give you access to upload files to the Vogons Library. Since you are a new member and cannot PM him there is no way to gain file posting access here. So... make an ISO and up it to Archive.org or create a Google drive and up it there....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 6 of 9, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zPacKRat wrote on 2020-05-27, 15:07:

VOGONS Driver Library

Your login/password for VOGONS will not work at VOGONSDrivers, they are two separate sites. Instead, as Horun originally said, upload it elsewhere and drop a link to the ISO in the VOGONSDrivers thread: VOGONS Driver Library

Alternatively you can send SquallStrife a private message asking for an account at VOGONSDrivers, but you do not have enough posts here to send a private message, and SquallStrife tends to only permit access to established members of the VOGONS community.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 9, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

im also intested, can you share?

Reply 8 of 9, by zPacKRat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2020-05-29, 01:01:

im also intested, can you share?

absolutely, busy with that thing called work. it's small and I just zipped the contents instead of creating an ISO. Follow me over to the drivers thread, I'll post the gdrive link there. Just keep in mind that it's only good for 95, I finally got my system rebuilt and stable running 98se with a tnt2 (44.03 drivers), awe64 and 3C905 NCI and wound up not using the VIA drivers at all, just the latency patch.
Edit: going to walk my 4in1 statement back a little. I was cleaning up some registry entries and when I stumbled across a via tech entry under hklm/software and deleted it, even though it referenced a single file without a path this caused me issues with lockups in games. Keep in mind I installed them initially and then removed them, but when you uninstall it only removed 3 of the 4 items installed. I think the inf referenced identifies the via hardware correctly from what I could tell.

Last edited by zPacKRat on 2020-05-30, 19:36. Edited 2 times in total.