Reply 20 of 23, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IBM Ultimedia 9577 Desktop 39G2063 Bus Adapter Riser Card Assembly- 87F4836

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Ultimedia-9577-D … ity!63005!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-87F4836-9577-BUS … ery!63005!US!-1

This is what you need. You can try making an offer.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 21 of 23, by Beluga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for all of these helpful answers!

I iust checked the board again and indeed the FRU number is 39G6086. I think adapting a power supply would be be quite easy, but getting hold of the riser card seems kind of hard. I have no experience with IBM hardware, but I guess the only hope is that they used the same riser card on several models. So I will check eBay from time to time, but for now I will probably just put this board back into storage. I might try to do a dump of the BIOS chip though.

@Anonymous Coward Thanks for these links! The problem is that I live in Europe and even if I get a good deal by making an offer, the shipping costs will give me a total price that I am not willing to pay at the moment. But it is good to know what I have to look out for!

Reply 22 of 23, by Miphee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These guys are out of their damn minds. You can get a complete & flawless model 77 for $100-150 and even cheaper on local auctions.
I'll never understand the mindset of these sellers. Nobody in their right mind will ever pay this much for a simple riser.

Reply 23 of 23, by Beluga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if this will ever be useful to anyone, but anyway, I made I dump of the BIOS EEPROM before putting this board into storage.

Attachments

• Filename
    ibm_486_board.7z
    File size
    65.43 KiB
    Downloads
    50 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception