VOGONS

First post, by commodore71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
I´m new here but not so new in the PC world.

I´m trying to replicate my 90´s Tulip Impression line computer which I souped up with a Pentium Overdrive.
The processor and motherboard (TC40) I have and have ordered. What I lack is the Pci/Isa riser and 256kb cache card.
Does anyone have any of those or know where to find them?

Best Regards
Jens

Reply 1 of 3, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Jens,

are you still looking for the cache card? Did you get the riser from the other the user in the other thread (forgot his name)?
Just wanted to say that I'm working on a cache module for myself since the original ones are nowhere to find.
I am 90% finished with the layout of the module, which can be populated with 128 or 256 kB. At least that is the plan 😉
I think it will still take some time until I can say if it works since I want to order several other PCBs together with it and I still need some time to finish all of them.
So, if you are interested just give me a note!

Best regards,
Christian

Reply 2 of 3, by commodore71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ChrisK wrote on 2020-11-06, 10:45:
Hi Jens, […]
Show full quote

Hi Jens,

are you still looking for the cache card? Did you get the riser from the other the user in the other thread (forgot his name)?
Just wanted to say that I'm working on a cache module for myself since the original ones are nowhere to find.
I am 90% finished with the layout of the module, which can be populated with 128 or 256 kB. At least that is the plan 😉
I think it will still take some time until I can say if it works since I want to order several other PCBs together with it and I still need some time to finish all of them.
So, if you are interested just give me a note!

Best regards,
Christian

Hi! I have recieved the riser and have the Pentium Overdrive running, strangely at 75 MHz🤔 Your project sounds interesting, I'd be interested in one 🙂

Best regards
Jens

Reply 3 of 3, by ChrisK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Jens,

if you are still interested, I'm now having a running cache module design 😀
You can also read here:
Re: Dutch members: Tulip Vision Line dt 4/66 (486) CPU jumper help?

Regards,
Christian