VOGONS

First post, by thenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I just got an old Sanyo Data Display Monitor and hooked it up to my dos computer. Looks nice except the first 2 columns are cut off. This monitor uses a component input and I have a sort of converter/splitter box to work with the on board VGA of the computer. The bios has a section for what type of graphics to display and I changed it to 80x24 but it's still missing the first 2 columns. I also messed with some nobs for horizontal and vertical on the monitor but that only moves the picture around on the screen, doesn't actually view a different part of the screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
thenix wrote on 2020-07-06, 03:56:

Hi all, I just got an old Sanyo Data Display Monitor and hooked it up to my dos computer. Looks nice except the first 2 columns are cut off. This monitor uses a component input and I have a sort of converter/splitter box to work with the on board VGA of the computer. The bios has a section for what type of graphics to display and I changed it to 80x24 but it's still missing the first 2 columns. I also messed with some nobs for horizontal and vertical on the monitor but that only moves the picture around on the screen, doesn't actually view a different part of the screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does your "converter/splitter" have any controls or adjustments ?

Reply 2 of 2, by thenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2020-07-06, 04:05:
thenix wrote on 2020-07-06, 03:56:

Does your "converter/splitter" have any controls or adjustments ?

good question. Yes the converter had a menu. I was actually able to use this to widen and heighten the picture to cover the whole screen. (It was just in the middle of the screen before with black surrounding it) Unfortunately it's not allowing me to show the columns that are missing. Which I also noticed the last 2 columns are also missing. I do wonder if my cheapo converter is the problem.