VOGONS

First post, by deksar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings Vogons friends,

I got an IBM PS/1 model 2011 computer, and few days ago I cleaned its inside with an air compressor (slowly and carefully with lowest power). I also replaced its dead battery (not soldered but luckily socketed) with a brand new DS12C887 battery, due to the error 161 and 163 codes I've had.

When I powered it on, both error codes disappeared, but I newly got 2401 error code (attached), with one long beep and two short beeps following.

The system boots fine by pressing F1, into quad-icons OS, but I'd love to eliminate that error code, I have no idea how such error appeared. I thought the new battery created such error, replaced the old one, but it was the same.

Any idea would be much appreciated.
Many thanks!

Attachments

Last edited by deksar on 2020-08-08, 16:20. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have electronics shop repair carefully check the VGA signal cable on this monitor or resolder the mainboard (all CRT based) tends to develop fractured solder joints with time. Or the bad cable usually.

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 2 of 3, by deksar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi pentiumspeed.

I tried connecting power cable (from the original monitor integrated PSU) to PC, but VGA input from an another IBM crt monitor. (Therefore different VGA cable) Still got the same error.

Last edited by deksar on 2020-08-08, 15:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by deksar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As an additional info; this is the screen my PS/1 outputs. Please find the attached files.

Any idea would be much appreciated.

Attachments