VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by renejr902

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dionb wrote on 2020-07-28, 08:02:

. I already recommended settings to let both work together in DOS. Have you tried those?

i dont find your settings on the topic ?
EDIT: Im SO sorry, i just found them, i read them before but i forgot this message. THANKS
thanks so much for your help.
Im very happy about the ibm model fan site. i just downloaded everything and i take a look in each file. 😀

If possible can you check my other topic i cant get my new Geforce FX 5200 128mb working in Windows 98 SE with the drivers.

Thanks again !

Last edited by renejr902 on 2020-07-28, 18:50. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 21 of 25, by renejr902

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

bad link in my previous post
this is the good topic:

Re: New problem. I cant install my new Geforce FX 5200 with windows 98 driver.

thanks for help. i didnt succeed yet !

This link is about a FX 5200 i just bought yesterday:

Re: If i exchange my PCI Trident 1MB for a geforce FX 5200 PCI 128mb , would the dos compatibility be the same ?

Reply 22 of 25, by renejr902

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think that i wont post in this topic anymore.
Thanks to all guys for previous help. Special thanks to Dionb that made soo much !. Have a nice day everyone !

EDIT: I just tested The Zoltrix 3200 with your setting SB in dos with 240 i3 d0 , and the cs4236b music in dos SOUND BETTER, no onterference or distortion at all. i will let the Zoltrix 3200 sb mode setting instead of WSS. Thanks a lot for this its great! By the way in keen4 i can put my logitech speaker in any of my 2 soundcard and heard the music from each souncard. LoL! dont work in all games. but keen4 seem to recognize 240 i3 d0 😀

Reply 23 of 25, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
renejr902 wrote on 2020-07-28, 20:22:

Thanks to all guys for previous help. Special thanks to Dionb that made soo much !. Have a nice day everyone !

EDIT: I just tested The Zoltrix 3200 with your setting SB in dos with 240 i3 d0 , and the cs4236b music in dos SOUND BETTER, no onterference or distortion at all. i will let the Zoltrix 3200 sb mode setting instead of WSS. Thanks a lot for this its great! By the way in keen4 i can put my logitech speaker in any of my 2 soundcard and heard the music from each souncard. LoL! dont work in all games. but keen4 seem to recognize 240 i3 d0 😀

That's AdLib-compatible OPL FM synthesis in Keen 4. Both cards support that, and neither has the option to disable it, so sound is produced by both.

To actually hear the AV305's Digital Audio, you need to set sound in your games and point them to A240 I3 D0, instead of A220 I5 D1.

Reply 24 of 25, by renejr902

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dionb wrote on 2020-07-28, 20:45:
renejr902 wrote on 2020-07-28, 20:22:

That's AdLib-compatible OPL FM synthesis in Keen 4. Both cards support that, and neither has the option to disable it, so sound is produced by both.

To actually hear the AV305's Digital Audio, you need to set sound in your games and point them to A240 I3 D0, instead of A220 I5 D1.

Cool, thanks to let me know, its appreciated. i tried to give you a vote or pts or reward , it seems vogons dont let us do this between members.. maybe im wrong 😉 Let me know if i can do this.

Hi again ! i have 2 last questions 😉 One about Zoltrix 3200 and win98

by the way i corrected my FX 5200 driver problem in win98 by myself , you can go read this topic for info.

1. i know gameport of Zoltrix 3200 is not working and not installed in win98, but at least the isa zoltrix souncard is not detected in win98 right now , i didnt reinstalled the driver yet, but it seems I HAVE no conflict with my cs4236b right now. Win98 dont detect zoltrix 3200 at all. So to be sure to have no conflict with my cs4236b what is the best method to install ONLY the Zoltrix 3200 gameport in win98 ? thanks for help.

But i suppose i have to install the complete driver of the Zoltrix 3200 and after that, disable in hardware profile all of its soundcard component except gameport? is it the right thing to do ?

2. Could i put in my computer my other Trident pci videocard and use the trident or fx5200 at my choice while booting the PC or a way i can switch between them in dos or win98? is it possible ? i would prefer to keep the trident in my computer too if its possible, so i can switch between videocard for dos and maybe win98. thanks for answer .

Reply 25 of 25, by renejr902

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1. i want to let you know all work percfect in win98 with gameport of the zoltrix only, i did several tests for 4-5 hours to got it perfect. what a mess these zoltrix win3.1 driver in win98. i just configured the zoltrix in autoexec and config and change the jumper on the card to use another wss adress, no need for 3.1 drivers in win98.

2. i tried both videocards cards it was a mess too. i remove the pci trident, i dont need it anyway.

thanks have a nice day guys.