VOGONS

First post, by Jackhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

i have some problems getting my mouse working.
I tryed different mouse dos driver. They load fine. But i have no mouse in any application.
I tryed connecting my PS2 mouse to the MS_mouse connector of the board. I also tryed different mouse types, also with com adapter on Com1. Any time the same, driver load fine but no mouse function.
In the bios PS/2 mouse support is enabled.
Is there any special on the FIC PT2007 mainboard i missed? Connector and mouse work fine on another mainboard.
Maybe there is a conflict but dont what to test more..
Anyone an idea ?

regards
Chris

Dos 6.22: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Rev 2.0 1Mb L2 - AMD A5x86 X5 ADZ 133MHz @160MHz - 64MB RAM - CT2230 - GUS ACE - MPU-401 AT - ET4000W32P
Win98SE: Asus P5K-WS - E8600 @ 4,5GHz - Strange God Voodoo 5 6000 PCI @ 66MHz PCI-X - 2GB DDR2 1066 - Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 1 of 4, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is the PS2 connector on a bracket or directly on the motherboard ?
Make sure the pinout of the serial port header is matching the pinout of your mobo's connector. There are two types of serial connectors

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 4, by Jackhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes that was the trick. I checked the pinout and it was different.
Here the pinout for FIC motherboards:

PIN#1-Mouse Data
PIN#2-N.C. (Not Connected)
PIN#3-Ground
PIN#4-Vcc
PIN#5-Mouse Clock

Maybe this helps someone else in the future.

regards
Chris

Dos 6.22: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Rev 2.0 1Mb L2 - AMD A5x86 X5 ADZ 133MHz @160MHz - 64MB RAM - CT2230 - GUS ACE - MPU-401 AT - ET4000W32P
Win98SE: Asus P5K-WS - E8600 @ 4,5GHz - Strange God Voodoo 5 6000 PCI @ 66MHz PCI-X - 2GB DDR2 1066 - Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 4 of 4, by bbusse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jackhead wrote on 2020-08-02, 10:40:
Yes that was the trick. I checked the pinout and it was different. Here the pinout for FIC motherboards: […]
Show full quote

Yes that was the trick. I checked the pinout and it was different.
Here the pinout for FIC motherboards:

PIN#1-Mouse Data
PIN#2-N.C. (Not Connected)
PIN#3-Ground
PIN#4-Vcc
PIN#5-Mouse Clock

Maybe this helps someone else in the future.

regards
Chris

Sorry to necro-post... but I just wanted to say thanks for this. I have an FIC 486-PVT-IO board with a 5-pin header for PS/2 Mouse and I was struggling to get it to work. I bought two different PS/2 ports on brackets with combo Parallel port, and neither of them had the correct pinout. The manual for this board partially exists, but nothing regarding the pinout on the board. I was able to use the info you provided, a multimeter on the PS/2 port/bracket, and figure out which pins were for what. Moved the wires/pins around in the 5-pin connector and voila! I finally have a PS/2 mouse working.