VOGONS

First post, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I started using Synergy a couple days ago between my Windows 10 Rig and my Windows ME/XP Machine, I was looking for a solution to declutter my desktop (Having 2 keyboard and mouse is annoying for me). I downloaded Synergy 1.3.1 as it supports virtually every Windows version. Using it between Windows 10 (This is the server) and XP works pretty well, no issues there. But Windows ME doesn't want to "accept" (i think) the mouse input, I mean, they can connect between them, and in the LOG I can see that the mouse leaves my screen to enter the other screen but Windows ME does nothing about it, cursor doesn't move and keyboard doesn't work, can someone help me please?

PS: Windows ME is using the unofficial service pack. Maybe I could try with Windows 98.. Hmm..

Reply 1 of 2, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interesting. I use one called Input Director with modern Windows. I've been using a dual input USB hub to use the same keyboard / mouse for even the old hardware.

I think the CPU overhead with one of these software solutions will be significant on old hardware unfortunately. The latency might be annoying for games too.