VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by alienmannequin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Aublak wrote on 2020-09-27, 01:52:

What a nice clean setup. It looks brand new.

What speakers are those?

They are "JUSTer Multimedia Speaker System 3D-128N".

As generic as they come, have a sub plugged in too. For Winamp - Ace of Base, Aqua, 666, Bomfunk MCs, name your '90s artist and just about any late '90s game,they sound fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments all, I plan to post some screens of games & multimedia being enjoyed on this. Especially looking forward to the Half-life demo on the Diablo Hellfire CD.

As for the PSU as other posters have commented about, I have my fears about it, but wanted to keep it as authentic as possible. All of my other ATX PSUs have SATA connectors on them. Perhaps this is a silly way to see things. What would you all recommend I change for? Always open to suggestions.

Reply 21 of 21, by waterbeesje

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alienmannequin wrote on 2020-10-01, 07:11:

(...)
As for the PSU as other posters have commented about, I have my fears about it, but wanted to keep it as authentic as possible. All of my other ATX PSUs have SATA connectors on them. Perhaps this is a silly way to see things. What would you all recommend I change for? Always open to suggestions.

You could get yourself another nice mod.
- take out your current PSU
- gut it
- get yourself a decent modern PSU, same length as your old one (at least 5v 20A). I like BeQuiet PSU stuff 😀
- gut it
- Put the guts of the modern PSU inside the old one. Make sure it can breath enough, you may need to make extra air vents.
- Install an ATX to at converter. In your setup you won't need the -5v line, so any cheap one will do.
- write down the brand/type/specs of your new PSU and keep them with your pc. This may be a little sticker on the back or bottom on the PSU. Or near the old sticker. I tend to use a Dymo labelwriter for this.

Optionally you could take a more noisy fan to get the real feeling of three 90s... 😜

Stuck at 10MHz...