VOGONS

First post, by spoonTRex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Back in 1996/97/98, I recall buying an old game pad. I've been trying to find this for years, and I'm going crazy trying to even remember what it is! I think PC Gamer had recommended it at the time, which is how I found out about it. It was different than other game pads, because it didn't use the MIDI port, but rather the old Keyboard port. (It may have been PS/2, I don't recall. It had adapters to either go DIN 5 -> PS/2 or vice versa.) It sat in between the keyboard and the PC. I believe it may have even been programmable. In fact, I believe it did have a selectable dip switch at the top for doing multiple key setups. I'm fairly certain the dpad on it was more circular (like Sega Saturn style), but also, in the middle, lower than the dpad and buttons to the right, was an almost secondary dpad. Sunken in, and blue/purple in color, really elongated on the left and right sides. I think the controller itself was white, or light grey.

I can't remember what it was called. I can't remember who made it. I can't even seem to get any terms correct to find anything about it on Google. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?