VOGONS

First post, by limsolo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum, looks like a great community, glad I found it.

I just got an Asus P2B-D dual slot 1 its a rev 1.06 I am not sure of the D0 number, I know its not a D03 as the yellow sticker is not there, I have not had it delivered yet as just bought it from eBay. From the photo, I can make out it has got the Coppermine VRM HIP 6019BCB, I can't make out if its got the later 9250CF-08 PLL/Frequency Generator, I know it's possible to replace with one if required, really I am not too bothered provided I can run fairly fast Coppermine slot 1 CPU's so mainly I need the correct VRM which I have.

What I was more interested in finding out is what are the differences between 1.06 D01, 1.06 D02 & 1.06 D03.

I've read that there are issues with ACPI and an SMD resistor or two need moving or fitting or deleting can't recall exactly, I think this is the one for the ACPI SMP Hal on Windows XP instead of the MPS one. I also heard that there are issues with the USB ports on some boards, again something do do with an SMD resistor.

Can anybody help clarify when and if these two issues got fixed and if so at what board revision?

Thanks!

BeBox PPC Dual 133, NeXTCube Turbo - Dimension, NeXTStation Turbo Color, SGI Octane R12k x2 MXE Impact, Alienware 15r3 GTX 1080, MacBook Pro Retina 2012, Macintosh Plus, Macintosh Quadra 840av, Macintosh Quadra 650, Wallstreet 500 (G4), Pismo 550 (G4).

Reply 1 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to VOGONS

If you haven't already seen them, these two links contain a wealth of info on the P2B & P3B series boards

Main page - https://web.archive.org/web/20191114013933/ht … pgrade_faq.html

ACPI page - https://web.archive.org/web/20160819073828/ht … CPI_dual-mb.htm

These list most of the issues surrounding the various combinations of revision, pcba 'Dx' number and actual components present on any particular board.

Reply 2 of 3, by limsolo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the welcome, brilliant just what I needed thank you!

BeBox PPC Dual 133, NeXTCube Turbo - Dimension, NeXTStation Turbo Color, SGI Octane R12k x2 MXE Impact, Alienware 15r3 GTX 1080, MacBook Pro Retina 2012, Macintosh Plus, Macintosh Quadra 840av, Macintosh Quadra 650, Wallstreet 500 (G4), Pismo 550 (G4).